PDA

View Full Version : Factory Colt SP6921 Markings

amd5007
11-18-11, 19:25
I just put a down-payment on a SP 6921 that is on order by my dealer. I have been searching on the exact markings for this model and I have found a lot of discussion on whether or not it has any LE designations but I haven't found anything about SBR markings.

Does it have any markings that designate it to be a factory SBR? Or does it have 6921 engraved on the lower? Do they even mark SBRs differently than other rifles?

If anyone has a picture or detailed info I'd appreciate it.

QuietShootr
11-18-11, 19:26
I just put a down-payment on a SP 6921 that is on order by my dealer. I have been searching on the exact markings for this model and I have found a lot of discussion on whether or not it has any LE designations but I haven't found anything about SBR markings.

Does it have any markings that designate it to be a factory SBR? Or does it have 6921 engraved on the lower? Do they even mark SBRs differently than other rifles?

There are no special markings on factory SBRs. They already have the maker's name and state on them.

rcpd34
11-18-11, 19:28
I can tell you t his much; my agency bought some 14.5" carbines and at the same time a few of us bought the same model, but with a 16" barrel as individual officer purchases. The dept guns came in marked M4 LE and the others came in marked Colt's LE Carbine. I found it interesting as they are identicle otherwise.

MarkG
11-18-11, 19:35
No such thing as an SP6921,. I don't care what Colt's website says or any of their marketing material. ALL of the SBR's are still coming with M4LE marked lowers. They are still LE6921's with restricted roll mark on the right side of the magazine well.

amd5007
11-18-11, 19:41
No such thing as an SP6921,. I don't care what Colt's website says or any of their marketing material. ALL of the SBR's are still coming with M4LE marked lowers. They are still LE6921's with restricted roll mark on the right side of the magazine well.

Ok, I can't argue with that. I don't want a carbine that has that LE designation and risk the even remotest possibility of trouble with an overly zealous LEO. Though on the other hand, I asked the dealer and he was quite adamant that they don't come with LE designations. I'll take a picture when it comes in and the paper work begins.

I asked because I want to make sure everything is kosher if one day I'm out shooting and didn't bring a copy of the stamp and the legality of the carbine is called into question.

amd5007
11-18-11, 19:44
There are no special markings on factory SBRs. They already have the maker's name and state on them.

Ok that's what I was looking for. But how can you verify that it is a legal SBR and not an illegal SBR? (aside from the stamp)

QuietShootr
11-18-11, 20:52
You can't.

amd5007
11-18-11, 21:25
Ahh. I see.

Iraqgunz
11-19-11, 04:43
If you are worried about that then I advise you to stay away from the NFA realm altogether.

It could happen with a regular SBR, suppressor or anything for that matter. If you have an approved Form 4 then it doesn't matter if it is stamped property of Uncle Sam or anything else.

So you simply keep a copy of your approved form with you and problem solved. If they want to press the issue then you let yourself get arrested and then sue the shit out of them.

Oh yeah, make sure you don't own any magazines or ammo that habe those markings on them. You might get arrested. :rolleyes:

Ok, I can't argue with that. I don't want a carbine that has that LE designation and risk the even remotest possibility of trouble with an overly zealous LEO. Though on the other hand, I asked the dealer and he was quite adamant that they don't come with LE designations. I'll take a picture when it comes in and the paper work begins.

I asked because I want to make sure everything is kosher if one day I'm out shooting and didn't bring a copy of the stamp and the legality of the carbine is called into question.

amd5007
11-19-11, 17:45
If you are worried about that then I advise you to stay away from the NFA realm altogether.

It could happen with a regular SBR, suppressor or anything for that matter. If you have an approved Form 4 then it doesn't matter if it is stamped property of Uncle Sam or anything else.

So you simply keep a copy of your approved form with you and problem solved. If they want to press the issue then you let yourself get arrested and then sue the shit out of them.

Oh yeah, make sure you don't own any magazines or ammo that habe those markings on them. You might get arrested. :rolleyes:

Thanks Iraqgunz.

On a separate, but related note, are the new 6921s shipping with the wilson-rogers stocks?

Iraqgunz
11-19-11, 18:08
I have not seen any locally. The ones I have seen online all had standard M4 style buttstocks.