PDA

View Full Version : What brake is this?

St.Michael
11-19-11, 14:13
http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=1416

a0cake
11-19-11, 14:14
That's a Vortex flash hider, not a muzzle brake.

St.Michael
11-19-11, 14:15
That's a Vortex flash hider, not a muzzle brake.

spelling fail on my part haha Thanks man!

a0cake
11-19-11, 14:19
No problem. The Vortex's flash suppression is impressive. The AAC Blackout is marginally better, but there's nothing wrong with the Vortex. Dust printing is a problem though. Not sure how much that matters to you.

St.Michael
11-19-11, 14:22
I am not one who is worried about dust printing. I was more wondering because I saw some of the uppers with those flash hiders pinned. I didn't know and was wondering if it was compatible with any suppressors or if it's just a normal flash hider. I am thinking of getting a new upper that is 14.5 with the pinned flash hider I think it is. Anyway if I have to have something permanent I want to make sure it's decent.

Nightvisionary
11-19-11, 15:04
I am not one who is worried about dust printing. I was more wondering because I saw some of the uppers with those flash hiders pinned. I didn't know and was wondering if it was compatible with any suppressors or if it's just a normal flash hider. I am thinking of getting a new upper that is 14.5 with the pinned flash hider I think it is. Anyway if I have to have something permanent I want to make sure it's decent.

Oh the design is quite effective. So effective the the U.S. DOD stole the design from Smith Enterprises.

Im partial to the standard A2 flash suppressor but I ended up getting a Vortex for my last build because the 6mm barrel came with a 16/24 threading on the muzzle.

a0cake
11-19-11, 15:12
Nevermind. Not worth it.

St.Michael
11-19-11, 15:18
Nevermind. Not worth it.

?.......

Skang
11-19-11, 16:30
You might not like the "PING" noise, but it doesn't bother me.

Nightvisionary
11-19-11, 19:48
Nevermind. Not worth it.

Go ahead, tell us how you feel.:)