PDA

View Full Version : Question

bakercountyboy
11-19-11, 17:01
I took my new M&P fullsize 9mm hunting with me today and when we left i decided to stop off by my buddies and run the one mag that i brought with me through it. This was the first time i have shot it. I was shooting cheap tula ammo. It shot great and i was pretty darn accurate with it. Only problem i had was that the slide did not lock back after the last round was fired. Could it have been the steel case ammo that caused the slide not to back?

Magsz
11-19-11, 17:31
17 rounds is not enough to diagnose an issue.

Go back to the range, load one round, fire said round.

Does the slide lock back?

If not, shoot the pistol one handed and see if your hand is riding the slide stop.

If the slide is not locking back with the use of one hand, try a different ammo.

Tula is not particularly weak ammo so it should be locking the slide back if everything is in mechanical working order.

Lomshek
11-19-11, 18:03
The most likely cause is your thumb was accidentaly pushing the slide release lever down preventing it from doing its job. Next time you shoot it pay close attention to where your thumb rests and see if it helps. If not that then have some others shoot it and see if the problem repeats for them. The other thing you can do is put an empty mag in the gun and cycle the slide, if the slide locks back then it is probably your thumb.

C4IGrant
11-19-11, 18:14
The most likely cause is your thumb was accidentaly pushing the slide release lever down preventing it from doing its job. Next time you shoot it pay close attention to where your thumb rests and see if it helps. If not that then have some others shoot it and see if the problem repeats for them. The other thing you can do is put an empty mag in the gun and cycle the slide, if the slide locks back then it is probably your thumb.

This.

C4