PDA

View Full Version : Max-11 uppers by Lage

plaskon
11-20-11, 09:45
Do they function as reliably as they do in YouTube videos?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SDvJMsoJmM

Ready.Fire.Aim
11-20-11, 14:57
Yes. Keep well lubricated and use decent ammo (Winchester White Box 9mm is recommended) for breakin during first 500 or so rounds. Once the high spots are gone it is a very reliable upper.

I have a Max10, Max 11, and Max .22 upper. All run almost flawless after breakin. I have over 5000 rounds through the Max 11 and can't remember the last FTFeed.

My M11 has STEn grips and I culled through 25 mags and have nine mags that do not cause any problems with any ammo.

Plus Richard Lage's customer service is excellent.

good luck
RFA

bcarroll
11-20-11, 21:07
I think it was the best money spent. The man has his act together.

JohnnyC
11-21-11, 04:43
FWIW the Max-11 is the only reason I'm looking to pick up an MG. Not to mention he turned a Mac-11 into the gun from Aliens.

Rebel Rifle Ordnance
11-22-11, 20:51
I FINALLY got my M/11 after the guberment approved my paperwork about two weeks ago. I was really disappointed as my MAX-11 did not feed or fire hardly at all. I did a lot of research but at this point it boils down to the fact that my stock upper works but the MAX-11 doesn't. I just sent it back to Richard Monday. From what I could figure out, the bullets were failing to enter the breech. They kept getting stuck on the feedramp. I did bend the feedramp and it worked for a while. I had a few FTF and I was back to square one. It wouldn't fire at all. I did determine that the gap between the feed ramp and the barrel chamber was 2 mm as opposed to 1.5 mm on the stock. Richard thinks that the barrel needs to be moved closer to the feedramp. Hopefully, I will get all this sorted.

I also bought an AMP-11. It feeds wonderfully and I really like it. However, the safety doesn't work (at all) with the AMP-11 and it won't fire in semi auto. It does two or three round burst in semi. Kinda cool but difficult to sight in. I just sent it back to Alliance Arm along with my stock upper to get that problem sorted.

I like both uppers and believe that these problems will get fixed. Just frustating after waiting so long and then it doesn't work right. However, you have to realize that going in to this that you are dealing with cheap sheet metal guns.

From my research, with some patience and work you can get one that is reliable, somewhat.

az doug
11-22-11, 22:59
Mine work fine. I have two and my son has one.

mini4m3
11-26-11, 06:26
I love the MAX11 and MAX10s. Really turn a Model 10/11 into a very useful SMG.

Dolphinvet
11-26-11, 07:46
I'm still in the pending file for my SWD M11/9, and am going to put a Lage flattop upper on it as soon as I get the stamp. In the original configuration, I don't like the gun. BTW, don't know if anybody plays the game "Resident Evil 4", but the M11/9 with a Lage upper looks identical to the "TMP" from the game.