PDA

View Full Version : VLTOR A5 question

blgjr64
11-20-11, 17:49
I have a 16” mid-length and I run WPA (wolf) 55grn 90% of the time because it allows me to train more with my budget right now. I shoot with 30 rd Pmags. This setup has worked 100% for me with no hiccups.

After reading up on here about the A5 system I am seriously considering about buying the VLTOR A5 buffer tube and VLTOR A5 Spring and Standard Buffer. I already have an IMod stock and that is what I will use if I decide to go with the A5 system.

My question is will my 16” mid-length shooting WPA 55grn have any problems with the A5 system? Because I know wolf doesn’t shoot as “hot” as other ammunition such as 5.56 brass. I am concerned that adding the A5 system will be the straw that breaks the camels back on a 16” mid-length shooting wolf (“weak”) ammo.

If any of you have thoughts or have had experience with this setup please let me know.

Thank you.

sadmin
11-20-11, 18:38
I shoot Brown Bear with mine all the time; no issues. What manufacturer is your mid? Searching sucks on Tapatalk but there is an informative thread with multiple mid discussions.

Exiledviking
11-20-11, 18:43
Seek (orange "Search" button near the top of the page) and ye shall find:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=56043

Col_Crocs
11-20-11, 19:08
I've never shot the ammo in question but I do have the A5 system on my 16 middy. It has so far eaten everything Ive fed it, as has my friend's 14.5 middy with the A5 sys.
The A5 actually improves weapon cycling unlike simply adding a heavier buffer to a CAR system where potential issues could arise with weaker ammo. With the A5, the heavy, rifle weight buffer is complemented with the rifle length spring which is lighter than the shorter and higher rate CAR spring.

Hmac
11-20-11, 19:49
I have an A5 on my 16 inch mid-length Noveske. I bought just the receiver extension and spring/buffer since I had the iMod that came on the rifle when I bought it. I don't know about Wolf, but I have over 3000 rounds of PMC Bronze through the system without a single problem.

blgjr64
11-20-11, 22:29
Thanks guys I appreciate it. Answered my questions, I'm G2G.

munch520
11-21-11, 08:39
There's threads around citing problems with 14.5" mid lengths and the A5 having issues with steel crap..but that's all I've heard. The A5 functioned fine on my 16" mid length with anything I shot.

My question is will my 16” mid-length shooting WPA 55grn have any problems with the A5 system? Because I know wolf doesn’t shoot as “hot” as other ammunition such as 5.56 brass. I am concerned that adding the A5 system will be the straw that breaks the camels back on a 16” mid-length shooting wolf (“weak”) ammo.

Smash
11-21-11, 09:11
I'm on my 2nd box of 1000 rds of WPA ammo (approx 1600 rds so far) using the A5 buffer and I've only had one failure to eject no other stoppages to speak of. I have a 16" mid length with an A2 birdcage.