PDA

View Full Version : Suppressor S&W M&P15

Doxiedad
11-20-11, 21:52
I have a S&W M&P15. I'm interested in putting a suppressor on it. I know it's not a top tier firearm but I really enjoy shooting it. What would I need to do to install a Suppressor on this rifle?

Thanks in advance.

CoryCop25
11-20-11, 21:55
Check the NFA section of this forum. Your rifle works just like all the other AR 15 platforms.

Doxiedad
11-20-11, 22:27
OK thanks I'll head to that section and do some digging. I should have been more specific about if I'd have to get a new barrel.

Thanks for the quick reply.

crossgun
11-21-11, 05:16
You should not need to get a new barrel. Pending the can you decide to go with there should be attachment options that will just thread on in place of your flash hider. Worst case is that you might need a little machining on the barrel but that is not a big deal.

munch520
11-21-11, 08:28
Barrel length? Any idea on gas port size?

I have a S&W M&P15. I'm interested in putting a suppressor on it. I know it's not a top tier firearm but I really enjoy shooting it. What would I need to do to install a Suppressor on this rifle?

Thanks in advance.

C4IGrant
11-21-11, 08:35
Since S&W AR's are over gassed, I am not sure I would suppress it (as it would be REALLY over gassed). :eek:

If I can make a suggestion, your money would be much better spent taking your AR to some Carbine Schools. This would benefit you much more than a suppressor will.

C4

Rebel Rifle Ordnance
11-25-11, 05:15
Since S&W AR's are over gassed, I am not sure I would suppress it (as it would be REALLY over gassed). :eek:

If I can make a suggestion, your money would be much better spent taking your AR to some Carbine Schools. This would benefit you much more than a suppressor will.

C4

I shoot mine suppressed all the time. I use a Coastal 9mm Ultima. Works fine with Remington standard velocity 36 gr. Every now and then you get a pop but over all very quiet. Just don't forget to clean your can after every couple 100 rounds. It can get really nasty in there.

Eurodriver
11-25-11, 05:30
I shoot mine suppressed all the time. I use a Coastal 9mm Ultima. Works fine with Remington standard velocity 36 gr. Every now and then you get a pop but over all very quiet. Just don't forget to clean your can after every couple 100 rounds. It can get really nasty in there.

You are mistaken. 5.56mm is being discussed here.

When suppressed, the gas pressures increase (on an already over gassed setup to begin with) throughout the entire system and beat up the internals.

Rebel Rifle Ordnance
11-25-11, 05:42
Ah, posted on this right after I woke up. I saw M&P 15-22 in my mind, lol.