PDA

View Full Version : Parts questions

lil'Zeus
11-21-11, 13:05
I did some searching but came up with so many results I didn't find what I was looking and after reading a bunch of old threads Id figure I'd just ask.

Does anyone know if a FDE Delta Ring Assebly is available or are they all black? I wasn't sure with all the FDE craze lately if someone was producing one.

Lastly, is an "F" marked front site post the appropriate height to use with a A1 upper receiver?

I'm starting to put my parts list together to build a KISS rifle for my truck.

Thanks again
Shane

warpigM-4
11-21-11, 14:20
I can't say for sure if a FDE delta ring is out there Most just paint them.
the F marked front sight is for the A3 flat top upper with removable Carry handle .I am unsure if you will get a correct zero with a A1 Upper
The "shelf" containing the sight post is approximately 0.040" higher above the barrel on an "F" FSB than on a standard FSB. so you would more than likely have to crank it down low to get a Zero using a A1 upper

lil'Zeus
11-21-11, 15:30
okay, so a non "F" marked front sight post is what I need to be looking for then. I knew the F was for the A3, but just wasn't sure if it would work or not.

On the Delta Ring, I didnt' want to duracoat it but I guess I can. It just doesn't last very well on plastic from what I have gathered.

Thanks again for your help.

Moltke
11-21-11, 15:40
Your delta ring is plastic?

lil'Zeus
11-21-11, 15:51
I guess not, never had a rifle with one so I guess I am wrong and duracoat should stick to it then.