PDA

View Full Version : Eagle MF FB Chest Rig straps

ra2bach
11-21-11, 13:07
I have an Eagle MF FB Chest Rig but really hate the shoulder straps dig my neck.

Is there a mod or will some of the H-style straps from other makers fit this?

jsummers
11-21-11, 18:51
You'll have to cut the original straps off, but the ATS padded shoulder harness fits perfectly with this chest rig.

JackFanToM
11-21-11, 19:06
If you eagle chest rig is like mine, you can unsnap the straps, uncross them and wear them that way...they will ride further out, and won't rub. I have mine crossed and they don't come any where near my neck, and I'm a reasonably large guy (6'2" 230lbs).

BrianB
11-22-11, 11:59
You'll have to cut the original straps off, but the ATS padded shoulder harness fits perfectly with this chest rig.

you don't have to cut anything.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=64087

GlockWRX
11-22-11, 13:04
I tried using the ATS padded H harness with my Eagle FB chest rig. It works but I went back to the original. I wasn't having trouble with the original ones and didn't put a lot on that rig so the pads weren't doing a lot for me.

ra2bach,

I still have the ATS harness in Coyote Brown. Let me know if you want to work something out.

ra2bach
11-22-11, 14:56
If you eagle chest rig is like mine, you can unsnap the straps, uncross them and wear them that way...they will ride further out, and won't rub. I have mine crossed and they don't come any where near my neck, and I'm a reasonably large guy (6'2" 230lbs).

I tried this and the straps slid off my shoulders. I even tried it this way with the carabiner trick and it still sucked. this thing would be perfect with just a small strip of webbing sewn so it holds the straps about 5" apart just across the top of the shoulders. I may do that...

ra2bach
11-22-11, 15:11
I tried using the ATS padded H harness with my Eagle FB chest rig. It works but I went back to the original. I wasn't having trouble with the original ones and didn't put a lot on that rig so the pads weren't doing a lot for me.

ra2bach,

I still have the ATS harness in Coyote Brown. Let me know if you want to work something out.

not looking for padded but...

what you got in mind?

JackFanToM
11-22-11, 16:04
You could also get some rubberized paint and paint the underside of the straps where they sit on your shoulders...this will prevent them from walking, or you can get a piece of webbing, and install velcro loops in them that wrap around each strap and holds them in place.

ra2bach
11-22-11, 19:51
You could also get some rubberized paint and paint the underside of the straps where they sit on your shoulders...this will prevent them from walking, or you can get a piece of webbing, and install velcro loops in them that wrap around each strap and holds them in place.

I'm liking the velcro strap idea better. at least it will allow me to try various locations and spacing. thanks for that... :cool: