PDA

View Full Version : iphone site issues

glockshooter
11-21-11, 17:17
I can not get the site to work on my phone with any regularity. I have cleared my cookie, cache, and histories. It has been this way for months and since I mostly read the forums on my phone it has been like torture. Any fixes?

Matt

zacii
11-21-11, 18:13
I use Tapatalk for forum usage via phone.

I recommend it over using a browser. It's a lot faster, and more phone friendly.

JackFanToM
11-21-11, 19:14
+1 for tapatalk

Brimstone
11-21-11, 19:32
Absolutely love Tapatalk. It is the best way to view forums on iPhone.

Toyoland66
11-21-11, 20:19
i have also been having intermittent problems with my iPad, guessing it is an os issue. tapatalk on my iPhone seems to work fine.

Brimstone
11-21-11, 21:30
i have also been having intermittent problems with my iPad, guessing it is an os issue. tapatalk on my iPhone seems to work fine.

I have had an odd problem where the forum locks up on my phone when using my home wi-fi. When I switch to 3G it works fine. My wi-fi works fine 95% of the time on my phone so I don't know what causes that occasional glitch.

Exiledviking
11-21-11, 21:43
I had issues as well on my iPhone 4 as well, including the WiFi issue above. I updated the OS to iOs5 and I haven't had any issues since then.

Smash
11-22-11, 09:05
I use my iPhone 4 browser all day at work and home on 3G or wifi I have no problems. My IPad 2 however will not load anything but the main page. With my laptop on its last leg I do all my M4'ing and posting on my iPhone. Can be very tedious. I think I will look for the tapatalk app for the iPad soon to increase usability.

Army Chief
11-22-11, 09:16
We will be updating the Tapatalk plug-in to the latest version in the next day or two, but as a rule, it seems to have worked quite well here -- even during those periods when almost nothing else would. I highly recommend it for those viewing the forum on mobile devices.

AC

glockshooter
11-22-11, 11:03
I downloaded tapatalk and I am still have issues. It says the server stops responding.

Matt

bobdavis
11-27-11, 09:49
Looks like you made the change to the taptalk plugin.
The site is really hard to use on an iphone now without taptalk though, since every time you click a link you get the "hey, how 'bout not being a cheapskate? Buy TapTalk!" alert.

Is there any way to configure it to be less noisy? While I appreciate getting the info, I don't have alzheimers and could stand to see the alert maybe once a day or less.

Thx!

bob

bp7178
11-27-11, 10:07
I had issues as well on my iPhone 4 as well, including the WiFi issue above. I updated the OS to iOs5 and I haven't had any issues since then.

This was the fix for me too on an iPhone 4.

Army Chief
11-27-11, 10:50
The site is really hard to use on an iphone now without taptalk though, since every time you click a link you get the "hey, how 'bout not being a cheapskate? Buy TapTalk!" alert.

Is there any way to configure it to be less noisy? While I appreciate getting the info, I don't have alzheimers and could stand to see the alert maybe once a day or less.

Thx!

bob

Understand the frustration, but the plug-in is not configurable from our end, so there is really nothing that we can do about this.

AC

Littlelebowski
11-27-11, 11:15

Thx!

bob

How about spending less than $5 to support the software developers who built the application you use daily? How much is your time worth? How long did it take you to complain about a problem that could be solved in 30 seconds with $2.99?

Complaining about free stuff......sheesh.

bp7178
11-27-11, 11:39
I only get the tap talk thing after clearing my cache and history, and only when first loading.

You don't have to use it, just upgrade to iOS 5 if you haven't and use the site like normal.

usmcvet
11-27-11, 19:54
I have tap talk. Dont like it yet. A lot is missing from posts. I'm trying it again now on my droid.

OldState
11-27-11, 20:03
How about spending less than $5 to support the software developers who built the application you use daily? How much is your time worth? How long did it take you to complain about a problem that could be solved in 30 seconds with $2.99?

Complaining about free stuff......sheesh.

Where on the site do you go to do that ?

Littlelebowski
11-27-11, 20:06
Where on the site do you go to do that ?

Nowhere. You buy the $2.99 Tapatalk app. No more advertisements.

OldState
11-27-11, 20:54
Nowhere. You buy the $2.99 Tapatalk app. No more advertisements.

Oh, I thought you meant m4c.

NCPatrolAR
11-28-11, 12:29
I'm using a 3GS with the latest software and don't have any issues with the site

glockshooter
11-28-11, 16:54
I have been able to use the site on my iphone for the last few days. I also got the tapatalk app, but honestly i dont like the app. I much prefer the site in regular form. Hopefully the site will continue to work. Thanks for the replies.

trinydex
12-07-11, 09:17
i have an htc thunderbolt and the site either loads very slowly or doesn't load at all. this is the normal operating condition of m4carbine on my phone. it's incredibly frustrating.

i've had some luck going from airplane mode and then turning on connectivity again, or pulling the battery, or going to wifi, but basically the site acts like it's loading and either does so at a slug's pace or never loads at all.

i typically dislike all the truncated forum apps, i want to just be able to use the browser like i do on my computer, after all that's why i got the thunderbolt.

trinydex
12-19-11, 11:48
so i've noticed a pattern. if i go to a different connectivity type (wifi, 1x, 3g etc), the site will work for about 5 seconds, i can try to click like mad everything i want to see but then it will get cut off and go back to either super slow or nonexistent loading.

also the site will tend to work better when i'm in an urban center, but will still have the problem of slow loading or cut off, however it also "recovers" more quickly and starts working again.