PDA

View Full Version : Is the noveske infidel 13.7 legal for me

crowdlg
11-28-07, 14:19
Im am in a non ban state(virginia) and looking at getting the Noveske Infidel 13.7 with pinned piggy making it 16.1 inches.would this be legal as a swap out upper for a regular rifle NON sbr receiver.Also is it ok to now use fa carriers?The receiver would be a ban era bushy or no ban rra.On the site it says that the 13.7 and pinned is for nfa use and the 14.5 with pinned can be for regular use but if it is 16 in overall i dinot think it mattered.If you can have a 11.5 with 5.5 pinned and be legal why cant you be with the piggy.or does the piggy not qualify due to what it is?Or should i just get the 14.5 with the pinned vortex.Both choices would be on vis struture.Also if you may have these uppers maybe post some pics.thanks.

olds442tyguy
11-28-07, 15:23
Yes, a 13.7" with a permanently attached KX3 will bring you to an NFA legal length of 16 inches.

Yes, an M16 carrier is legal.

Personally, I'd probably pick out a quick detach suppressor and buy the muzzle device it's meant for to permanently attach to the shorter barrel. IE; buy a Surefire QD mount brake/hider so later on you can mate a Surefire can to it if you so desire.

ErikL
11-28-07, 15:34
Answers in blue, My opinion follows.

Im am in a non ban state(virginia) and looking at getting the Noveske Infidel 13.7 with pinned piggy making it 16.1 inches.would this be legal as a swap out upper for a regular rifle NON sbr receiver.
Yes that will be fine

Also is it ok to now use fa carriers?
Yes, I actually prefer them. LMT, Colt, Bravo Company, in no particualr order are all good to go

The receiver would be a ban era bushy or no ban rra.On the site it says that the 13.7 and pinned is for nfa use and the 14.5 with pinned can be for regular use but if it is 16 in overall i dinot think it mattered.If you can have a 11.5 with 5.5 pinned and be legal why cant you be with the piggy.or does the piggy not qualify due to what it is?Or should i just get the 14.5 with the pinned vortex.Both choices would be on vis struture.Also if you may have these uppers maybe post some pics.thanks.

If you aren't going with a shorter barrel to SBR, It makes little sense to go with a short barrel only to make up length with a muzzle device. The piggy brake may serve a purpose but there are better options to get you to 16.1". If i was going for the shortest most effective package to meet the minimum requirement it would be a 14.5" barrel with a pinned vortex. Pinning the Flash suppressor limits you if you want to make changes to the upper at a later date. IF i had one carbine it would be a 16" barreled gun.

I even type like a caveman talks.

olds442tyguy
11-28-07, 16:00
Answers in blue, My opinion follows.

If you aren't going with a shorter barrel to SBR, It makes little sense to go with a short barrel only to make up length with a muzzle device. The piggy brake may serve a purpose but there are better options to get you to 16.1". If i was going for the shortest most effective package to meet the minimum requirement it would be a 14.5" barrel with a pinned vortex. Pinning the Flash suppressor limits you if you want to make changes to the upper at a later date. IF i had one carbine it would be a 16" barreled gun.

I even type like a caveman talks.
He'll be using a VIS, so his only real limitation will be muzzle attachments. For that reason I recommended a muzzle device that will allow future use of a suppressor.

I agree that an SBR stamp is the better route. It will cost just a bit more than the cost of the KX3 and permanent attachment, so I say go the NFA route if you can.

crowdlg
11-29-07, 09:38
Well not looking to go sbr route.I have a 14.5 pinned m4a1 kiss upper and a 16in flattop with casv upper.have 2 lowers one with darkearth and one black grips and stock.i like to be able to swap between the two also if i buy the noveske upper i may just end up getting a third lower later.I like the look of the piggy and dont think i will ever get a suppressor.If i got the 14.5 pinned with vortex noveske it would not be much different that my 16in flattop.I just like the look of the piggy and wanted to know if it was legal on non nfa as long as its pinned.I know 1400.00 is a lot to spend on an upper just because i like the way it looks but i know also it is top quaility.I guess also i could buy a different noveske barrel and swap it out later.There are just so many good choices in AR configurations i can see why some of you have 6 rifles.I guess i just want the uppers instead.