PDA

View Full Version : Yet more noob 300BLK questions.

Bolt_Overide
11-22-11, 01:45
Im bandying about the idea of building a 300 upper, and Im trying to decide on barrel length.

Its going to be an SBR of either 10 or 8 inch length, and I plan to run it suppressed 100% of the time. What I need to know is if I go with 8 inches over 10 inches will I really lose any noticable velocity or energy on target?

Any tips, advice, or info would be greatly appreciated.

Im honestly very close to pulling the trigger on one of these:

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display2.cgi?item_id=8rh-300&cat=173&page=1&search=&since=&status=

Sid Post
11-22-11, 06:51
Its going to be an SBR of either 10 or 8 inch length, and I plan to run it suppressed 100% of the time. What I need to know is if I go with 8 inches over 10 inches will I really lose any noticable velocity or energy on target?

Any tips, advice, or info would be greatly appreciated.

Im honestly very close to pulling the trigger on one of these:
Novesk 8" Rogue Hunter upper

My local dealer has a complete rifle waiting for paperwork to clear. The ATF delay has helped him sell several more. I know I quit "waffling" when I put that rifle to my shoulder. Previously I was looking at the AAC offering .... :)

Subsonic is Subsonic.

If you are using your SBR for long range supersonic shots, you will want to play with your loads to minimize flash but velocity differences aren't that great. You also probably don't want to routinely put a huge fireball with abrasive powder in your suppressor even if the flash and boom are contained, low flash is desirable.

rsilvers
11-22-11, 07:38
I don't know what to say about 8 vs 10. Two inches is not that great a spread. Pick the one that you prefer the rail on.

Todd.K
11-22-11, 12:53
You will loose 50-60 fps with supersonic.

Bolt_Overide
12-02-11, 05:28
Thanks for the info guys, Im gonna go with the 8 inch since its gonna be suppressed 100% of the time, and 50 fps isnt that big a deal.

CRab
12-03-11, 08:58
The rail/handguard choice between the two is something you should consider...