PDA

View Full Version : target round similar to Barnes 50 gr TSX?

rocsteady
11-22-11, 09:40
Have BCM mid16 mod 0, 1:7 twist with Aimpoint that I sighted in with Black Hills/Barnes TSX rounds.

Until I hit the lottery and can afford to do all training and range work with the Barnes rounds, I'm hoping someone can recommend a round that I can use that will be similar enough so that don't have to adjust Aimpoint.

Found gun to be very accurate with the Barnes rounds and would like to be close to that with training rounds (who wouldn't?).

Thanks for your help.

DocGKR
11-22-11, 10:35
Just shoot generic 5.56 mm 55 gr M193 FMJ equivalents--they'll be close enough for training...

rocsteady
11-22-11, 12:03
Thanks Doc.

JHC
11-22-11, 13:31
I see the 55 grain Barnes TSX loading locally marketed for hunting. Does it differ significantly from the 50 grainer? I'm surprised they would offer both.

VelveteenMole
11-23-11, 03:09
I see the 55 grain Barnes TSX loading locally marketed for hunting. Does it differ significantly from the 50 grainer? I'm surprised they would offer both.

Yes, the 50gr is engineered to prevent the petals from shearing off through tough barriers, esp. auto glass. It's also 5.56 pressure, and the extra velocity is a plus for max cavity radius, while sacrificing little if FBI standards are the goal at patrol rifle distances.

davidjinks
11-23-11, 09:05
OP

I don't know how "close" you want to get to the BH 50 Gr. TSX, but BH makes a 52 Gr. match HP. The factory seconds are cheaper by a bit over the Red Box.

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/product_info.php/pName/1000rds-223-black-hills-52gr-remanufactured-seconds-match-hollow-point-ammo/cName/223-556-hollow-point-ammo

I figured I'd just throw that out there for you. M193 is definitely a good way to go.

Have BCM mid16 mod 0, 1:7 twist with Aimpoint that I sighted in with Black Hills/Barnes TSX rounds.

Until I hit the lottery and can afford to do all training and range work with the Barnes rounds, I'm hoping someone can recommend a round that I can use that will be similar enough so that don't have to adjust Aimpoint.

Found gun to be very accurate with the Barnes rounds and would like to be close to that with training rounds (who wouldn't?).

Thanks for your help.