PDA

View Full Version : AR Pistol Tech. Help

cb1000h
11-22-11, 18:17
Thanks first off fo reviewing this thread

Heres the issue. Failure to cycle next round
I fire first round then it double feeds
Once the rifle is on safe and the mag dropped the unspent round falls free the spent carttrige stays in the chamber If the rifle is pointed skyward the spent round will fall out or if you send the bolt forward then pull the charging handle reaward it will eject the spent round.

Specs are as follows
5.56/223 7"PWS Diablo upper on and esential arms Lower pistol receiver (don't have any info on the buffer spring or buffer)
Ammo as been military surplus xm193 55gr
PMC xtac ss109 62gr
Eagle 223
PMC 223
shot from
Military 30 rd mag
Thermold 30rm mag
Magpul Pmag 30rd.
Each had 5 rounds at time of test
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you again
Wayne

shadow65
11-24-11, 22:06
Sounds like it is short stroking.
Put one round in the mag. Fire it and see if the bolt locks back on an empty mag. If it does, repeat a few times to make sure.
If it does not lock back, check what buffer you have. If it's an H2 or H, try a carbine buffer.
If it still will not lock back, check the gas port/tube for proper alignment. I put a 12" length of rubber tubeing on the gas tube, inside the receiver, and blow through it.
Check the gas key on the bolt. Make sure the bolts are tight.
Make sure it has plenty of lube for break in.
Use a BCM extractor spring upgrade.
You can also try a Noveske Pig break, a Kies Linear, or Levang for a little added back pressure.
Last, you may need to open the gas port slightly if all else fails.
Dave N

Iraqgunz
11-25-11, 00:42
Your terminology has me confused. Are you saying you fire one round and then two live rounds attempt to feed.

Or are you saying that you fire a round and the round is not extracted and then a live one attempts to feed into the chamber?

Based on what you have stated (as I interpet it) you have a failure to extract which then causes the failure to feed. Understanding the cycle of operation and articulating the problem is key to internet AR medicine.

If that is the case then you have something wrong with your extractor. It is possible that the chamber is tight as well. I have no idea about PWS quality or shortcomings.

As for your buffer and spring- it's fairly simple. The buffer face should be marked plain, H, H2 or H3. The spring has to be assumed to be a carbine spring of standard manufacture unless you know otherwise.

Thanks first off fo reviewing this thread

Heres the issue. Failure to cycle next round
I fire first round then it double feeds
Once the rifle is on safe and the mag dropped the unspent round falls free the spent carttrige stays in the chamber If the rifle is pointed skyward the spent round will fall out or if you send the bolt forward then pull the charging handle reaward it will eject the spent round.

Specs are as follows
5.56/223 7"PWS Diablo upper on and esential arms Lower pistol receiver (don't have any info on the buffer spring or buffer)
Ammo as been military surplus xm193 55gr
PMC xtac ss109 62gr
Eagle 223
PMC 223
shot from
Military 30 rd mag
Thermold 30rm mag
Magpul Pmag 30rd.
Each had 5 rounds at time of test
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you again
Wayne

cb1000h
11-25-11, 09:47
Iraqgunz
My bad!
Sorry for the confusing description
Let me try this again
The first shotis fired, which then fails to extract, the second round then attempts to feed but is blocked by the unextracted first round's casing
FYI this happens everytime the weapon is fired
Hope that says it better
Wayne

Iraqgunz
11-25-11, 15:49
It sounds to me like you have an issue with the extractor. Either the extractor itself is worn or there is not enough tension to pull the round out.

Iraqgunz
My bad!
Sorry for the confusing description
Let me try this again
The first shotis fired, which then fails to extract, the second round then attempts to feed but is blocked by the unextracted first round's casing
FYI this happens everytime the weapon is fired
Hope that says it better
Wayne

shadow65
11-25-11, 23:24
Get a BCM extractor spring up grade.
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Extractor-Spring-Uprade-Kit-p/bcm%20extractor%20spring%20upgrade.htm

cb1000h
11-26-11, 06:35
Excellent
Thank you all for taking the time to help
I will report as soon as I make the modifications and test fire

Thanks again
Wayne