PDA

View Full Version : Inner-State Move & NFA

halo2304
11-22-11, 23:11
I used the search button and only found moving state-to-state questions. (Maybe I missed it.)

If I get an NFA item (supressor, SBR, etc.) while living in City A and then move to City B, am I required to do anything? Notify the ATF, my new local CLEO?

For a home-built SBR with engraved lower, would the lower need to be "updated?"

Thanks,

An NFA-Noob

az doug
11-22-11, 23:32
If I get an NFA item (supressor, SBR, etc.) while living in City A and then move to City B, am I required to do anything? Notify the ATF, my new local CLEO?

If you are only moving from city to city, no. ATF would appreciate an address change but there is no requirement that I know of. If you are moving from one state to another then you need to fill out an ATF form 5320.20 to transport/move from one state to another. Check the local laws regarding CLEO notification in your new state/city. There is no Federal requirement to notify the CLEO but a city or state may have a law.

For a home-built SBR with engraved lower, would the lower need to be "updated?"

When you build an SBR on a Form 1, the first initial, last name, city and state requirement are for the city and state where the SBR was manufactured in. This should not change, unless you have the SBR taken out of the NFA Registery and then decide to build it into an SBR again in a new city and/or state. (highly unlikely)

halo2304
11-23-11, 06:08
Thank you!