PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else laughing their ass off at the dumbass Noveske thread on ARFCOM?

a0cake
11-23-11, 15:06
Holy freaking God that thread is retarded. Really funny though.

Although I do feel bad for Noveske's employees who have to deal with this.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/553961_Expecting_too_much_from_Noveske_.html

halo2304
11-23-11, 15:33
Got a link? Is it the where the guy is complaining about his upper/lower having some "blemishes"?

ALCOAR
11-23-11, 15:50
I hate to even admit that I read a page or two of that absolute garbage.

First off, the OP is absolutely off his rocker...Ive heard some OCD shit on the silly intraweb, but that is downright batshit crazy. Dude is using a high dollar camera on Macro.

Secondly, I'm stunned at the amount of replies or people that agree with the OP. The Shrubmaster lovers are loving the chance at calling out a quality AR mfg'r.

Belmont31R
11-23-11, 15:55
I am not sure where the idea of buying an AR means you should suddenly accept sub rate products sold as first rate. I wouldn't do that with anything else I purchase. I mean I bought a set of dishes, and one of them had a chip on the edge. I took it back and got a new dish.

Granted Im not going to take a magnifying class out looking for imperfections but the pictures that guy showed were pretty messed up. Id expect better out of a company who sells a premium product, and charges accordingly. FWIW I've had a Noveske blem lower in the past, and it looked a lot better than what was shown.

a0cake
11-23-11, 16:02
Belmont, half that stuff you couldn't pick up with the naked eye. The macro feature on that camera brings stuff out that would otherwise not be noticeable. The parts pictured would not look NEARLY as bad in real life as the pictures make them out to look.

You could photograph most any forged and anodized product, no matter how much care went into its construction, and it would look like that.

What's happening is the OP saw something VERY minor with his eyes, then took a picture that exaggerates the "problem."

By making Noveske switch out perfectly good parts multiple times, this guy is driving up costs for all of us.

If he wants perfect looking parts he needs to go the Billet route. Forgings will never satisfy him.

halo2304
11-23-11, 16:04
Love the line "I can only imagine the ridicule you'd be subjected to at the 100 yard line of your local range if anyone were to notice those blemishes." :jester: :rolleyes:

Titleist
11-23-11, 16:13
I know my LMT Defender 2000s have that same pinhole-ing going on. I stopped carrying when my SBRs were all scratched up from flopping around in the bed of a pickup truck.

To each their own I suppose. I think the LaRue guns are some of the finest machined guns in terms of cosmetics. But guess what, they're billet, and pretty hefty from being overbuilt. Forgings have little issues like what was shown, I do wonder what's gonna happen when he notices the dings on the brass deflector. :eek:

Robb Jensen
11-23-11, 16:22
No need here.