PDA

View Full Version : Flash suppressor

CWard911
11-23-11, 20:06
I bought a new flash suppressor, a 1.0 Battle Comp. I writing this thread to ensure I installed it right. It is my understanding that when tightening the place where you put your wrench should be at a 90 degree when tight and done. When I screwed in on, figure tight and stopped it was just past that 90 degree mark which meant iPad to almost do one complete rotation to tighten.

Did I do it right? Can it be overnight?

Inkslinger
11-23-11, 20:18
Wtf? It's a brake not a suppressor. Little holes on top. Flats should be perpendicular to the ground in the vertical position. What's your iPad got to do with it...lol!

CWard911
11-23-11, 20:33
Ok, sorry for the using the wrong word. I'm glad you knew what I was talking about though.

Anyways, I believe how you described it is how I have it. Which leads to my other question. Can it be over tight?

I don't believe it is but just making sure.

Colt guy
11-23-11, 20:33
Yes you can get it on too tight which could damage your threads or your comp. I suggest you put the area on the Comp with no holes or slots down so it will not kick up dirt. I believe the wrench slots will both be vertical when installed correctly. I have heard it does reduce muzzle flash very well, and on Bravo Co web site one of the reviews also state that it is a very good flash suppressor. Are you using a peel washer or the beveled washer?

CWard911
11-23-11, 20:34
iPad was I had in spell check. Sorry for that too.

CWard911
11-23-11, 20:36
Yes you can get it on too tight which could damage your threads or your comp. I suggest you put the area on the Comp with no holes or slots down so it will not kick up dirt. I believe the wrench slots will both be vertical when installed correctly. I have heard it does reduce muzzle flash very well, and on Bravo Co web site one of the reviews also state that it is a very good flash suppressor. Are you using a peel washer or the beveled washer?

Yes I did use the crush washer

Toyoland66
11-23-11, 20:38
You need to be using a crush washer or peel washer to get it timed right, you should also be using a torque wrench and installing it within the correct torque range. Overtorquing a muzzle device can have definately negative impacts on accuracy.

Iraqgunz
11-24-11, 03:13
There are no torque specs when using a crush washer. You simply install the device and time it correctly. I was under the impression that BC included instructions with their stuff. :confused:

You need to be using a crush washer or peel washer to get it timed right, you should also be using a torque wrench and installing it within the correct torque range. Overtorquing a muzzle device can have definately negative impacts on accuracy.

Inkslinger
11-24-11, 06:55
I suggest you put the area on the Comp with no holes or slots down so it will not kick up dirt.
My bad...I was awake for about 10 minutes before I read this. I thought you were telling him to put the holes in the six o'clock.

GTifosi
11-24-11, 10:06
Putting the solid section down will kick up more dirt among other issues?
I want video proof.

Marty916
11-24-11, 10:13
The solid section should be located at the 6 o'clock position with the wrench flats vertically oriented 90 degrees to the ground. The crush washer should allow almost 360 degrees of rotation but as mentioned, do not over-torque the device. If you are uncomfortable with the amount of rotation required to properly clock the device you should have a competent gunsmith install it or contact us through our website and we would be happy to assist you.
Marty

MistWolf
11-24-11, 12:43
When it takes nearly 360 degrees to time a muzzle device with a crush washer, is there anything wrong with tightening the device a little and backing it off to pre-crush the washer a little? That way, instead of having, say 270 degrees of torque, you have only around 90 degrees of final torque? That would place less stress on the threads and reduce distortion.

CWard911, use a thin open end wrench, like a tappet wrench when installing the Battlecomp. A normal wrench is too thick and will damage the crush washer and the wrench will get stuck

Surf
11-24-11, 13:01
I hope your primary goal was not to decrease the flash signature of the rifle. The BC is not a flash hider.