PDA

View Full Version : Unshrouded FP Questions

sr71plane
11-24-11, 08:56
If you have one of the older Colt rifles with sear block, half moon carrier with unshrouded FP and want to start shooting it on a regular basis...................and have done a search and realize that this set up is not the best but do not want to take sear block out.

So..............

What do you watch for as far as the FP and FP retaining pin are concerned? Will the pin start to bend ? On my search of the forum I read something about the rifle can lock up if you inadvertently release bolt while cocking rifle with this set up ????? Any info is appreciated.

Finally: Did Colt ever have a half moon carrier that had a shrouded FP ?

Tweak
11-24-11, 13:01
does it function now?

Eric
11-24-11, 16:54
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=91850

Iraqgunz
11-25-11, 04:57
Check the link below. Especially since you were part of it.

If you have one of the older Colt rifles with sear block, half moon carrier with unshrouded FP and want to start shooting it on a regular basis...................and have done a search and realize that this set up is not the best but do not want to take sear block out.

So..............

What do you watch for as far as the FP and FP retaining pin are concerned? Will the pin start to bend ? On my search of the forum I read something about the rifle can lock up if you inadvertently release bolt while cocking rifle with this set up ????? Any info is appreciated.

Finally: Did Colt ever have a half moon carrier that had a shrouded FP ?