PDA

View Full Version : Which mount for Comp ML3?

BigBuckeye
11-24-11, 16:20
Well, after 3 years my Primary Arms M3 clone finally gave up the ghost.

I always said that when it died I would replace it with the real McCoy. So sometime next week my new Aimpoint Comp ML3 should arrive. I know I want the cantilever style mount. I have eliminated the GG&G for it's price and am pretty sure I am going with the LaRue.....but I also like the American Defense. Any thoughts?

This is being mounted on my 16" Daniel Defense upper..

kmrtnsn
11-24-11, 16:34
LaRue.

BigBuckeye
11-24-11, 16:36
Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought...

kmrtnsn
11-24-11, 16:45
I have ADM mounts too. They're nice but when you buy from Mark LaRue you walk away from the transaction feeling like you just did business with a small businessman who truly appreciate's your business and that your little purchase was the biggest thing that happened all day in Texas. It may be all an illusion and some pychologically based business practice but it works.

Adam_s
11-24-11, 16:56
Bobro engineering also makes good mounts. I haven't looked at their cost in a while, so can't compare them to LaRue/ADM however.

BigBuckeye
11-24-11, 17:07
I have the LaRue mount for my TAO1 and it is awesome, just wanted to make sure there was not something better.

fiddly_foo
11-24-11, 18:22
I got a Bobro on my ML3 and love it looks great and is rock solid and no marks left at all behind on the rail. Got the sight and mount together at primary arms and there having a sale right now to.

ST911
11-24-11, 18:33
LT129

Singlestack Wonder
11-24-11, 18:53
I prefer the ADM clamping system coupled with their Melonite coating on the steel parts.

Both LaRue and ADM are GTG.

kmrtnsn
11-24-11, 19:12
LT129

Exactly what the OP knew he wanted all along, he just needed a little nudge and a bit of validation. Glad we were here to help.

jaxman7
11-24-11, 19:49
I have ADM mounts too. They're nice but when you buy from Mark LaRue you walk away from the transaction feeling like you just did business with a small businessman who truly appreciate's your business and that your little purchase was the biggest thing that happened all day in Texas. It may be all an illusion and some pychologically based business practice but it works.

Well said and everytime I order from them, no matter what the cost, I get the same impression. Even Mark's business statement on their site feels small business or home town-esque. Plus the schwag is awesome. :cool:

-Jax

Alaskapopo
11-24-11, 21:02
LaRue.

+1. I love Larues products. Best mounts I have ever used and I do own an ADM mount to compare them to.
Pat

markm
11-25-11, 09:45
I have a loaner Aimpoint with a LaRue mount. I just feel dirty with a LaRue mount on my gun. :p

BigBuckeye
11-28-11, 11:56
Just ordered the Larue....

jaxman7
11-28-11, 12:40
Enjoy the swag! I'll take the dillo dust off your hands.:cool:

-Jax