PDA

View Full Version : Glock g34 holster too long?

OdinIII
11-24-11, 19:14
I'm in the market for a new IWB holster and was leaning toward the CTAC. I usually carry a 23 or 27. Since I also plan to purchase a holster for my 5" 1911, I began to consider a G34 length holster so I could use during practice with the full range of Glocks.

Does the extra length cause problems for a person with a 6' 190 lb. body? It seems that the slightly thicker slide of the Glock would make a more pronounced bump on the seat of my pants than the 1911. For some reason I just don't think that I would like a slide holster, should I reconsider this?

To make matters worse I just learned that my primary practice weapon which is a G17 with an AA 22 conversion kit may not fit the CTAC because of a slightly thicker slide than factory Glock. This fact may push me into just getting a G23 length holster and not chance any problems with the longer holsters.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Shane1
11-25-11, 08:17
As far as length, I can't really tell the difference carrying IWB with my 1911 or G35. I'm 6'2 and 230. The slide isn't the issue with concealment for the most part, its the length of the frame. Getting a comfortable(for you) holster is the biggest part. If the longest Glock your running is a 17/22 length, why get one in 34/35 length? Unless you plan on getting one in the future. I have all 3 size frames and use one OWB and IWB holster for 2 of them. No light on the G27 so that takes a different rig.

I can't comment on the CTAC as I got rid of mine.

OdinIII
11-25-11, 08:42
Thanks for the reply

I have at least one of all the 9-40 size Glocks. I tend to practice with the 17 and 34 size the most and always wish I could use my carry holster for practice. I just don't want to sacrifice much comfort or concealability while carrying my 27 and 23.

Once I bought a holster for a 27 and couldn't wear it because of a bad pinch when I sat down. The exact same model of that holster for a 23 is what I still use today. This made me think that possibly I would be happier with the longer sizes of holsters and was just looking for opinions or experiences.

Shane1
11-26-11, 19:35
Yeah dude, Im tracking. I bought my holsters (Kalabun Cloak and Peters) to fit my 35 w/ X300. That way I can use the same holster for my 22 and 23 since I always carry with the light attached.