PDA

View Full Version : Bravo Co. wont sell me a lower to NJ?

Zero Signal
11-26-11, 13:23
Was looking to pick up a BCM lower but they state on there website not for sale to NJ. I contacted asking them if this was just because of the collapsible stock? But they couldn't give me a straight answer just saying refer to your local BATFE laws.. I tried searching but couldn't find jack...Really interested in one but....

jwfuhrman
11-26-11, 14:19
Alot of places aren't shipping to New Jersey, Washington DC, or New York.

a0cake
11-26-11, 14:23
Check your PM's.

Mark71
11-26-11, 14:39
If BCM won't ship to you directly then purchase the lower from Grant at.....

http://www.gandrtactical.com

sgtrock82
11-26-11, 14:51
Was looking to pick up a BCM lower but they state on there website not for sale to NJ. I contacted asking them if this was just because of the collapsible stock? But they couldn't give me a straight answer just saying refer to your local BATFE laws.. I tried searching but couldn't find jack...Really interested in one but....

I dont know jerseys laws in and out, but im almost 100% certain the collapsing stock is a deal killer for an AR in NJ. Youll find alot of makers and dealers dont want the possible liability of selling anything firearms related to NJ and other states where silliness abounds. You will find that some dealers do know and understand the intricacies of NJ firearms laws and will help you out.

Also, since you are going to need an FFL to receive any lower, it would help to talk to them about it too. They may have experience or they may look at you like you grew another head because you arent asking about a hunting rifle.

I would also recommend searching around this forum and others for NJ/AR15 info, perhaps meet some fellow jersey shooters who will be more likely to know what the law says AND maybe able to point you in the direction of an AR friendly dealer who can help you too.

Mark82ndABN
11-26-11, 15:10
NJ is still a no-go on the collapsible stock as far as I know. I know for sure they were not permitted 7 years ago when I got out of that POS state and I don't think anything changed since then.

Iraqgunz
11-26-11, 15:15
It's their prerogative to sell it or not. If they won't sell to you then look for another source.