PDA

View Full Version : AR15 barrel length and NFA question

GrandPooba
11-26-11, 13:55
have a quick question about barrel lengths and NFA rules. I am planning on buying this particular M4 upper receiver from BCM: http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BCM-URG-M4-14&CartID=1

My understanding is that this receiver is marked NFA on the website because it has a removable flash suppressor and the overall length is less than 16". Is this correct?

So, my question is if I buy this upper 'as is' and have my local gunsmith permanently install a Battlecomp 1.5 to bring the overall length to greater than 16", can I avoid the NFA hassle? Thanks

oliver
11-26-11, 14:24
You are correct.

You may want to contact them before purchasing as they do offer pinned and welded BC 1.5's as an option on some of their uppers that I've looked at. Might save you some time and trouble if they can do it before they ship it.

sgtrock82
11-26-11, 14:59
disregard

GrandPooba
11-26-11, 15:01
I need the Battlecomp 1.5 because flash suppressors are no-go in MA unless you have a pre-ban lower (which I don't have).

I put in my order and asked if BCM could permanently fix the Battlecomp 1.5 to my upper before they ship it. Hopefully they can do it seeing as how that option exists for the m4 14.5" midlength upper but not the one I'm buying