PDA

View Full Version : Para-Ordinance P14-45

strongisland
11-30-07, 12:08
I have a chance at a P.O. 14.45 Limited in stainless and was wondering does anyone have any experience with this pistol. Its in excellent shape and the price is almost to good to pass on, $550.00. What would be the mods needed to make this a flat-out runner and/or duty weapon?

m.adams
11-30-07, 12:37
I have a chance at a P.O. 14.45 Limited in stainless and was wondering does anyone have any experience with this pistol. Its in excellent shape and the price is almost to good to pass on, $550.00. What would be the mods needed to make this a flat-out runner and/or duty weapon?

I've had mine since 1991, alloy frame, and other than a few magazine related issues, it's been good to me. I don't carry it every day, and shoot it about once a month, HP's have been problematic, still haven't found any that will shoot reliably in it. Not sure if that's ammo or gun related, with that said, It'll shoot 230gr ball all day long.

It's been to Dave Berryhill once for a tune up, and slide refinish, with no issues to speak of.

Good Luck, I paid $700 for mine way back when..

rhino
11-30-07, 18:02
It's a good price . . . if it works 100%. I'd ask to test fire it with my ammo first.

If it works, I'd snap it up. Depending on the vintage, you may not need to change anything at all. I'd have to know more about the gun and how you like your guns configured before conjecturing.

Para-Ordnance is plagued by spotty QA/QC and the adoption of the potentially infuriating "power extractor." You hear much criticism of them, but if you get a good one, it will serve you well. I don't think they're a good choice for a .40 USPSA Limited Race Gun, but in .45 they can be workhorses for whatever use you choose. I'm in the process of trying to get a P18.9 9mm to run (the big problem is the stupid power extractor), but I've not had problems like this with my mid 1990s vintage carry guns (all .45s).

Which reminds me that I need to change some skateboard tape on a front strap this evening . . .

User Name
11-30-07, 18:44
Not for me brother. Really have never heard much or seen much that would make me buy a Para.