PDA

View Full Version : ATF Warns Chore Boy household scrubbers could violate NFA laws.

platoonDaddy
11-27-11, 07:47
"Put down the Chore Boy and back away from the weaponry!"

It's an order that actually could be heard, given that a letter has surfaced from the federal government warning against consumers stockpiling Chore Boy household scrubbers because they can be considered a component of a gun silencer and, therefore, regulated by federal gun laws.

The letter is from the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, the ATF. It was obtained by David Codrea, who publishes online as the Gun Rights Examiner.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=368769

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-27-11, 09:53
Half tempted to have a 14 inch shoe string as my avatar.

Ask stupid questions......

Armati
11-27-11, 10:16
Next they will want to regulate plastic bottle caps, duct tape, cardboard tubes, window screen, and engine block freeze plugs.

In my area, Chore Boy is most often used as a filter for a 'stem'. The AFT had better run this thru Eric Holder and up to the POTUS. Taking Chore Boy off the market will seriously affect some of Obama's core constituency.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chore+boy

Littlelebowski
11-27-11, 10:38
Misleading thread title. Not factual.

Belmont31R
11-27-11, 10:42
Its only criminal if you use products illegally. Just having cleaning pads is not a crime. If you use them to make home made cans then its illegal.

Spiffums
11-27-11, 16:21
I think they jumped on "constructive intent" and took off running.

kmrtnsn
11-27-11, 16:34
Misleading thread title. Not factual.

I think you and I are the only two who bothered to read the letter.

For those who didn't, or won't, in essence all BATFE is saying is the the AWC owner cannot service the AWC himself, or possess the parts to do so, without filing the forms and possessing an additional stamp. No where in the letter does BATFE single out a named product as "banned" or illegal.

Simple solution, send the pistol to AWC.

Belmont31R
11-27-11, 16:35
I think they jumped on "constructive intent" and took off running.

Constructive intent requires more evidence than just having a collection of certain items. It still has to be shown you intended to or actually did use them in an illegal fashion.

Otherwise most every person in the US could be arrested for bomb making just by having certain common products in their house.

Also why you can go buy a 'bong' and its not illegal to possess until its used illegally.

Belmont31R
11-27-11, 18:50
I was going to post this as a seperate thread but if you want an example of how stupid our domestic regulatory function has become check out this:

The San Jose Mercury News reports that the Drug Enforcement Administration has squashed an 88-year-old entreprenur's business because his product, iodine crystals used to purify water, has shown up in some meth labs. The DEA won't let Bob Wallace, a retired metallurgist who runs his business out of his Sarasota garage along with his 85-year-old girlfriend, buy the iodine he needs to make his Polar Pure crystals unless he implements prohibitively expensive security measures.

http://reason.com/blog/2011/11/23/claiming-control-of-an-element-the-dea-p

These dumb shit politicians have signed away enough legislative branch authority to these dumbass outfits they're shutting down an old dude selling water purification tablets because some meth heads used a similar product in their meth labs.

This type of shit is why OTC cold medicine sucks, and it costs $100 dollars running around to doctors and pharmacies to get something that works.

SteyrAUG
11-27-11, 18:57
Still doesn't even begin to come close to the "empty volume of air" is a machine gun ruling.

jet80tv
11-27-11, 20:47
Between those stockpiling chore boy for suppressor repair and the drug addicts for use in their crack stems, there's gonna be a world wide shortage of chore boy!