PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Industries Flash Hider/Comp ?

Caeser25
11-27-11, 08:44
Has anybody ever used one of these? I was thoroughly impressed by the AK version my buddy installed yesterday. A2 flash suppression, PWS FSC reduction in muzzle rise without any additional increase in blast to the shooter. This might be the diamond in the rough that has been overlooked, it certainly doesn't look like anything special compared to every other brake and flash hider out there. I just went back to the A2, seemed like there was always a tradeoff wither muzzle devices. I just ordered one to try out, for $30 it's not a loss if it's not as good on the M4 family. I'll definitely report back when installed and tested.

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=423

phenom00
11-27-11, 11:06
I've used one on my co workers rifle, works well enough and is about the same size as a standard a2. Looks pretty cool though and the price is very reasonable.

Jake Bauer
11-27-11, 23:17
Yeah let us know how it works! I'd like to replace my boring A2, but dont want to cough up the cash for a battlecomp.

Caeser25
12-05-11, 18:23
Just got back from the range. Just as I confirmed with the AK version. PWS FSC reduction in muzzle rise without any additional increase in blast to the shooter. It does seem to increase recoil a bit but it's straight back. The autobrightness control didn't kick on on my TNVC D300MilSpec so flash suppression is on par with the A2, YHM Phantom and Blackout. It did with the PWS and Rainier XTC.

I've never shelled out the cash for the Battlecomp so I can't do a direct comparison. It's a winner in my book if you don't have the $ for a Battlecomp. I'd be interested to see a direct comparison from someone here that stocks both the Battlecomp and Midwest Industries gear, cough, Grant.

It does need timed so that one of the slits is facing directly up, if not it increases muzzle rise which I found odd.

Caeser25
12-27-11, 18:24
Still impressed :D free bump.

DeAdeYE15
07-03-12, 10:46
I installed one of these on my M&P 15T. I like it alot better than the A2. Seems like a great balance of flash suppression and compensater. I would definitely recommend to any that thinks the price of a Battlecomp is ridiculous.

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r505/BCM_SHOOTER/2012-04-0118.jpg?t=1336978036