PDA

View Full Version : My Apology

fivepointoh
11-30-07, 12:27
To all at M4C,

I would like to apologize for what went on, on the other site as well as certain things I said. I spoke before I engaged my brain.

KevinB, has been nice enough to unlock my account to allow me to continue to soak up the great info here. (Yes I still browsed this site while I was locked).

Regarding Larue, you will not see me bring any issues up w/ the matter aside from the fact that he does make good stuff. We have a difference of opinions and it would be beating a dead horse at this point to say anymore.

I appreciate the info and host of people here and will be more careful with my word choosing from now on.

For those of you who haven't heard from me in awhile I'm 2 classes away from getting my Master's in Law Enforcement and now going through the interview process for a federal agency.

Those two things alone have kept me busier than hell.

Anyways, thank you and once again please accept my apology.

-Patrick/5.0

M4arc
11-30-07, 13:09
Welcome back buddy!

fivepointoh
11-30-07, 13:31
Hey Thanks!

Missed posting over here.

Since I've been gone from here I've primarily went from an AR to an AK guy...somewhat (that's all I shoot cuz ammo is cheaper) and from a Glock to a 1911 guy. :eek:

:p

vinesr6
11-30-07, 15:03
Welcome back....AR----->AK, you traitor...:p

fivepointoh
11-30-07, 15:08
Still love and shoot the AR's.....just not near as much. Don't have the room for reloading yet. :cool:

M4arc
11-30-07, 17:15
Hey Thanks!

Missed posting over here.

Since I've been gone from here I've primarily went from an AR to an AK guy...somewhat (that's all I shoot cuz ammo is cheaper) and from a Glock to a 1911 guy. :eek:

I saw you over there on akforum.net ;)

Joseywales
12-03-07, 17:24
To all at M4C,

Anyways, thank you and once again please accept my apology.

-Patrick/5.0

I don't think you offended me, but I have been on your end before. It's nice to know that, that we, as gun owners, do not treat each other with an overly-absolutist no-compromise view that our public school system does overlord our kids with. We understand that people can make mistakes and say stupid things sometimes. It's even better when we are smart enough to apologize.

Bygones and all.....

fivepointoh
12-03-07, 18:20
Thanks guys.

Once again...it just serves as a reminder that it's much easier to use your keyboard to do your thinking when you're a bit flustered and can really screw w/ you in the long run.

But all is well now.

MR.J
12-03-07, 19:43
Nice to have someone from ILL.:)

C4IGrant
12-03-07, 19:45
Welcome back.

C4

fivepointoh
12-03-07, 19:53
Thanks.

Thanks for giving me the motivation and encouragement to email Kevin, Grant.

Glad I listened to your advice.

Robb Jensen
12-04-07, 20:05
Welcome back dude ! :D

fivepointoh
12-04-07, 21:34
Thanks!

markm
12-05-07, 11:56
......and from a Glock to a 1911 guy. :eek:

Nothing wrong with shooting the legacy pistol. But once you get your head on straight, you'll be back.

There's nothing like that handful of unexplained 1911 malfs after a thousand or so flawless rounds to make you say "where's my GLOCK?"

fivepointoh
12-05-07, 12:32
haha.

Actually the reason for the switch over was a choice that was hard for me.

I couldn't shoot the glock well. After shooting tons and tons of rounds and having numerous ppl try and help me I just couldn't get comfortable with it. I wanted to keep the Glock platform and love it for its simplicity and no BS boringly reliable platform.

Shot numerous 1911's over the years and have determined that I simply shoot better with them.

If I ever get another glock it'll be a G26 for CCW (if I ever get outta this state).

So there ya have...my main reason for switching. :D

Least I didn't do it...just b/c. :p

Submariner
12-05-07, 12:44
Are you the same fivepointoh selling me the CB CamelBak?:D

KevinB
12-05-07, 12:53
Now you see the real reason we unbanned him was he went to a 1911 :D

Welcome back.

fivepointoh
12-05-07, 12:56
Nice Kevin...real nice.

But I still ain't movin to Canada :p

Sub: Yes I'm the same 5.0. :D

markm
12-05-07, 12:56
Now you see the real reason we unbanned him was he went to a 1911 :D

I thought an M&P purchase was required for an unbanning :p

fivepointoh
12-05-07, 12:57
I have considered an M&P for my next pistol purchase. Probably go w/ a 9 though instead of .45. Cheaper to shoot. Would like to test someone's out or rent one first however.

DrMark
12-05-07, 15:16
5.0, the stuff in the past didn't affect me personally, but it's always good to see a man step up with a public apology when he feels one is appropriate.

I thought an M&P purchase was required for an unbanning :p

C'mon, you gotta know your Staff!

If KevinB is mad at you, play the 1911 card!

If M4arc is mad at you, play the M&P card!

Why do you think I bought an M&P?!? :eek:

;)

markm
12-05-07, 15:18
Thanks for the TIP! :D

M4arc
12-05-07, 15:45
If M4arc is mad at you, play the M&P card!

Why do you think I bought an M&P?!? :eek:

;)

You better read my signature line and re-evaluate all future purchases ;)

fivepointoh
12-05-07, 17:03
hahahahaha funny stuff. Newer ppl seeing this thread should see why I missed this site. The fun never ends.

Dr. Mark: I need the "cheers beer" logo.

DrMark
12-05-07, 17:53
You better read my signature line and re-evaluate all future purchases ;)

:eek:

Lose a bet? Change of heart due to a bad experience?

Gump
12-05-07, 20:48
Don't have the room for reloading yet. :cool:
Nevermind the reloading! When you get hired at that Fed agency, we ( taxpayers) will buy your ammo!:D
Seriously, good luck with your interviews.

fivepointoh
12-05-07, 21:31
Thanks. That was the nice thing about doing my internship w/ a very gun friendly dept. When we'd go out to their PTI to shoot....they let me bring my weapons and use their ammo. :p

But I still want to reload so I can have stashes reserved for when I would retire or when the dem's finally tax the ever living hell outta ammo if they can't ban guns.