PDA

View Full Version : IOR 1x10 Released

Singlestack Wonder
11-27-11, 12:26
New IOR Valdada 1x10 on Liberty Optics website:

http://www.libertyoptics.com/index1.html

Goto "New Products" to see specifications.

Now if IOR could take about 10oz. off the weight. :rolleyes:

Kfgk14
11-27-11, 15:56
You meant 20 ounces, right?

I'm holding out for a 1-6x from Trijicon. I'd dig that, maybe it wouldn't weigh two pounds. It probably wouldn't cost $2500 either.

Jaysop
11-27-11, 16:07

Whhoooaa 33Oz? + mount...
that's pretty substantial.

SW-Shooter
11-27-11, 16:40
It may be heavy but oh my goodness that scope is gorgeous. I have lack of funds envy, but I surely would buy it if I didn't have to feed the kids.:jester:

ICANHITHIMMAN
11-27-11, 18:54
Looked great till I saw the price

ALCOAR
11-27-11, 19:56
This optic with an ADM mount weighs 41 ounces

Simply astonishing:rolleyes: The pricetag is absolutely absurd considering it's still an IOR, but that weight is mind blowing!!!

Nightvisionary
11-27-11, 20:57
New IOR Valdada 1x10 on Liberty Optics website:

http://www.libertyoptics.com/index1.html

Goto "New Products" to see specifications.

Then it would weigh the same as a Leupold CQBSS. And I thought the CQBSS had some heft when I played with it

bp7178
11-27-11, 21:59
I wonder how the eye box is with a 8mm exit pupil on 1x and a smallish (looking) occular lens.

I do like the mini built in cat tail.

I'm suspicious of all the newer scopes in the 1-8, 1-10 power range. Some manufactures struggle and others avoid it completley. I'm sure there are reasons for this.

Singlestack Wonder
11-28-11, 10:42
I wonder how the eye box is with a 8mm exit pupil on 1x and a smallish (looking) occular lens.

I'm suspicious of all the newer scopes in the 1-8, 1-10 power range. Some manufactures struggle and others avoid it completley. I'm sure there are reasons for this.

Scott from Liberty Optics mentioned in his thread over at Snipers Hide that there was some tunneling at 1x thru 1.25x.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2926937&gonew=1#UNREAD

kartoffel
11-28-11, 11:35

Same thoughts here. While it's impressive that people are making optics like this nowadays, I don't know if they suit my personal needs.

Jack of all trades, master of none? One one hand, it's a big, heavy 1x optic with parallax and limited eye relief. On the other hand, it's an optically dim 10x scope with an unforgivingly tiny eye box.

bp7178
11-28-11, 12:03
A few years ago a 4x scope was enough for 600 yards, and now you need a 1-8x for it.

So on some ways I think for a lot of users these high magnification range scopes solve problems that don't exist, or can't be addressed through better fundementals.

Don't get me wrong, they are intresting products, but they do make tradeoffs for magnification.

That is a lot of money for an IOR. I thought most of their products were half that price.

For the money you could easily buy a 2.5-10x Nightforce with a T1 on a offset and probably over half a pound lighter, while having a better scope and a better red dot. And keep quite a bit of money in your pocket....

TAZ
11-28-11, 15:59
Wow. That thing is a brick... an über expensive brick. I like the idea of the 1-10, and would have dealt with the IOR heft, but not at $3k. I guess they took a page from Leupold's pricing strategy. Hopefully it's just cause they are new and will settle down to more humane pricing. Guess the idea of a 2.5-10 with and RMR offset is more and more appealing.

Eurodriver
11-28-11, 18:16
33 ounces? $2850?

I am fully aware of IOR's greatness but can someone tell me exactly what the benefit of this scope provides considering its cost? Quite a few bulletproof low power variable optics out there for under $1,500 and even more for under $2,000.

ALCOAR
11-28-11, 19:52
bp and TAZ nailed it....I hate to pull the ole' "I told you so" line:D, but Ive been at times very vocal in my belief that the NXSc 2.5-10(specifically the more compact x24 model) w/ a T-1 in a LT724 mount is a better and more logical solution then the totally unforgiving 1-8/10x optics that weigh literally more than the nxs/t-1 setup.

I still have my sights set on the March 1-10x though in the future.

http://i53.tinypic.com/28s22au.jpg

armakraut
11-28-11, 20:13
Is Nightforce working on any new compacts? The last major update they made to the compact line was to stop selling the x24 to regular consumers.

ALCOAR
11-28-11, 20:33
NF is about to release "The Beast" that Ive mentioned several times in other threads in the past that has been in the works for 3-4 yrs. and now holds 7 patents.

armakraut
11-28-11, 20:56
Isn't the beast a 5.5-25x power range optic and is going to cost 3-4k?

bp7178
11-28-11, 21:45
If they had a 2.5-10x with a first focal mil-dot they would have had my money a long time ago.

ALCOAR
11-28-11, 22:47
No price has been set that I know of.

The BEAST is a 5-25x56F1 with a 34mm tube. NF is pretty damn smart, if it ain't broke, don't fix it...in regards to the NXSc. Bombproof simplicity:)

armakraut
11-28-11, 23:18
If it was a 1-6, 1-8, or 1-10 FFP I'd be looking at it.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-28-11, 23:47
If they had a 2.5-10x with a first focal mil-dot they would have had my money a long time ago.

USO has one, they may be the only one that does? I think to use these scopes the way they were meant, you need an FFP. Checking to make sure the magnification is set right, or doing math is way slower than running up a few MIL dots and banging it home.

The IOR makes the Leupold look cheap.

Dave L.
11-29-11, 06:22
I like it, but not for that price. That's S&B price range, which I would buy over IOR.
It is a step in the right direction though, even if it does double as a boat anchor.

bp7178
11-29-11, 07:46
USO has one, they may be the only one that does? I think to use these scopes the way they were meant, you need an FFP. Checking to make sure the magnification is set right, or doing math is way slower than running up a few MIL dots and banging it home.

The IOR makes the Leupold look cheap.

Especially since the proffessional pricing on the Leupold Mark 8 is lower than the IOR. For one version of it anyway...

For a 2.5-10x, FFP. For something like a 1-4x, I like SFP better.

eternal24k
11-29-11, 10:29
I would lift weights and pick one up at $1500

TAZ
12-04-11, 15:15
I don't know what IOR is thinking with their pricing lately. I know that they have grown in popularity and they definitely make good glass. However, their pricing lately has been pushing parity with well established makers. My FFP mil/mil 2.5-10 x 42 cost me less that a grand. Granted it has covered knobs and no zero stop, but still at the time it was MUCH less than anything out there and the first to offer FFP and mil/mil that I could even think about affording. The new version is also still a good deal at a couple of hundred below the NSXc. I'm not sure why the 1-10 needs to be in the 3 grand category. Maybe they over did the RD for the dual focal reticle and know these won't move as well as the standard power range models so they are amortizing the expense over fewer units... Maybe they would have been better served with a FFP zoom through reticle concept like the Super Sniper 1-4 and made the scope cost less.

Once my LT offset ring half shows up I'll weigh the 2.5-10 + RMR combo and I'm pretty sure it will be less that the 1-10 with a mount. SAD....