PDA

View Full Version : Noveske SPR build

1371USMCFL
11-27-11, 14:52
Been buying up the parts for the rifle while stationed overseas, back stateside now and able to put together the finished product. So far the best group I've done is around 1 moa, but banging a 12x12 steel plate with it out to 400 is stupid easy. Love shooting this rifle.

Noveske Stainless 5.56 SPR 18" Upper
Noveske Blem lower w/ Daniel Defense LPK
Nightforce 2.5-10x32 NP-R2 w/ Larue SPR-S mount
Magpul UBR w/ enhanced buttpad
Magpul MOE+ grip
Harris 6-9" bipod w/ Larue mount

a0cake
11-27-11, 15:51
Pics aren't working. Might want to double check the links. Parts list looks good though. What ammunition have you tried? 1 MOA is obviously highly real world accurate despite the hundreds of internet warriors claiming "1/2 MOA all day." This is simply not common in the real world. That said, it's likely that with ammunition experimentation (not sure how much you've done) and perhaps a trigger more well suited to precision such as the Geissele SD-E, that you will be able to get down under an inch at 100.

1371USMCFL
11-27-11, 16:42
I've only used Black Hills 77gr load so far. I'll probably stick with the 77gr load, maybe just change up the powder load. It is probably more accurate than 1 moa, but the trigger puller is the limiter.

I re-uploaded the images, see if it works better.

TehLlama
11-28-11, 01:18
Pretty rifle. You should be able to bang away at that plate out to and beyond 600m like it's cool.

My trigger recommendation is the SSA-E (more of a conventional two stage) for something like this - but still a Geissele.

tlwest86
01-12-12, 05:36
Excellent rifle! That baby is gonna be a tackdriver.

mkmckinley
01-12-12, 05:45
Nice build man. It's fun spending that deployment money, isn't it? I did something similar to this a couple years ago and have been really happy with the results. There's just something about those barrels.