PDA

View Full Version : STS Limited Edition AR

MistWolf
11-28-11, 00:58
I don't even know where to begin with this one. It's so... so- I have no words for it. The muzzle device- that's just-

I am speechless
http://www.specializedtactical.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Final.jpg

Fortunately, they plan to make only 50 of them
I may never be able to poke fun at another roll mark again

Raven Armament
11-28-11, 01:13
I remember the original reason for the mention of "zombie" on gun forums. Now that it's come to this, it lost its meaning entirely. Shame.

Jaysop
11-28-11, 01:24
I remember the original reason for the mention of "zombie" on gun forums. Now that it's come to this, it lost its meaning entirely. Shame.

Was there ever really a reason to mention zombies? :laugh:

That rifle would look good in the hands of an idiot.
I would never buy a rifle that made mention of bringing back up underwear...

BTW whats the going rate on this?

mkmckinley
11-28-11, 01:26
What happens when you bend one of the flimsy prongs of that retarded flash hider in front of the bore?

crazymoose
11-28-11, 02:04
What happens when you bend one of the flimsy prongs of that retarded flash hider in front of the bore?

I do wonder if PWS actually custom-made that piece of shit, or if they just welded spikes onto the comp.

glocktogo
11-28-11, 02:51
The true shame is that it appears they used mostly high quality parts to build one of they gayest AR's ever made. It's even got a Geissele trigger! :(

MistWolf
11-28-11, 03:39
And an VLTOR upper. Then they saddled it with a 1/9 twist barrel.

At least it comes with a Zombie Survival Guide....

GTifosi
11-28-11, 04:55
You'd think 'Jedi' would be a semi auto setting as they can use the force to guide thier bullets and 'Ninja' would be a gas system setting to be used with a supressor.

They really didn't put a lot of deep thought into it, did they.

I know I'd slap my kid for wanting one.

Col_Crocs
11-28-11, 05:35
I feel bad for Vltor, VTAC, TD and Magpul.
Rule number 10.Always carry a change of underwear.
-- The rifle gives you diarrhea after a while.

vicious_cb
11-28-11, 06:35
Guns plus anything zombie related tends to make people go full retard.

mkmckinley
11-28-11, 06:37
Actually I'm glad they at least used decent parts. It would be worse if it was made with crap. I looked at it again and noticed how they botched the spacing/formatting whatever you want to call it on the "survival rules." It really looks amateur. I actually feel kind of bad for whoever buys one. Somebody out there probably thinks it will be collectible or something. With only 50 made I'm glad I'm unlikely to see one at the range.

TACAV
11-28-11, 06:38
ha that muzzle device looks like something from those lord of the rings movies or something.

Brennan
11-28-11, 07:04
The photo isn't showing up on my iPhone :(

kwelz
11-28-11, 07:21
If the gun had good specs I wouldn't care. But that probably isnt' the case.

I will see your Limited edition Zombie Defense Rifle and raise you a lower made by a company actually called Zombie Defense.

And in case you were wondering. Yes the color fill is done at the factory.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-TczVzyfk63E/Trs27tnAFPI/AAAAAAAAADA/UmTy2lyvrC8/s640/IMG_0263.jpg

The sad part is that the lowers actually appear to be very well made. I looked over about a dozen at my local shop and all were in spec and very well machined. They even had magwel cuts as good as my DD.

jet80tv
11-28-11, 08:37
If the gun had good specs I wouldn't care. But that probably isnt' the case.

I will see your Limited edition Zombie Defense Rifle and raise you a lower made by a company actually called Zombie Defense.

And in case you were wondering. Yes the color fill is done at the factory.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-TczVzyfk63E/Trs27tnAFPI/AAAAAAAAADA/UmTy2lyvrC8/s640/IMG_0263.jpg

The sad part is that the lowers actually appear to be very well made. I looked over about a dozen at my local shop and all were in spec and very well machined. They even had magwel cuts as good as my DD.
It's amazing that a company called "zombie defense"would receive the licensure to be able to produce firearms. Some of the spikes roll marks were silly, but this stuff is over the top! Why don't they just come out with a roll mark that says " I spray bullets into a crowd"....ridiculous.

JackFanToM
11-28-11, 09:04
Odd since the survival guide actually states to get a .22lr as your primary rifle. Zombie rifle plus zombie ammo = the guy to avoid on the range

C4IGrant
11-28-11, 09:15
That is a HOT MESS! :blink:

C4

Raven Armament
11-28-11, 12:39
Was there ever really a reason to mention zombies? :laugh:
Yes. The original use of zombies on the gun forums dates back to the early 90s and the discussion of lethal force in self defense. The admins of many boards were very cautious to be mentioning and discussing the taking of a human life, even in self defense. This was right after the Clinton AWB and during the time when shall issue concealed carry was gaining popularity among states. In order to have the freedom to discuss lethal self defense without being poster boys for the anti gun crowd to showcase, we collectively use the term "zombie" to represent the criminal in question; ie "if you're walking your dog at night and a zombie jumps out of the bushes demanding money at knifepoint, what do you do?" kind of stuff. We knew what it represented but anyone not "in the know" figured we were goofing around and it didn't raise eyebrows of Internet censors.

That's how the zombie thing on gun forums started.

motoduck
11-28-11, 13:07
This takes the "Zombie" joke to a whole new level:shout:

MegademiC
11-28-11, 13:29
minus the staby thing, it looks like a nice rifle from a distance.

This would go great with my fantasy sward collection:ph34r:

Honestly, I doubt respectable people buy this stuff. Im actually glad it exists. It makes it easier to know who not to go shooting with. ;)

Pork Chop
11-28-11, 13:46
Guns plus anything zombie related tends to make people go full retard.

With some people I'd even shorten it to just guns.:)

MrSmitty
11-28-11, 15:49
That muzzle device is awful, I can't believe they charge $200 for that thing. It's all just absurd...people will pay that much for that thing too...

Belmont31R
11-28-11, 15:58
This whole zombie thing is so ****ing stupid. They are firearms not Halloween props.

TACAV
11-28-11, 16:18
That muzzle device looks like it came out of the lord of the rings or something. pretty dumb

jet66
11-28-11, 17:33
Scoff all you want, but don't come crying to me when you need an FSC556* during the zombie apocalypse that happens just before the world ends in 2012.**

*Face Stabbing Compensator, caliber 5.56mm

**I don't actually believe any of this.

sgtrock82
11-28-11, 17:34
I feel a face palm moments in ARs thread coming on.

These zombie freaks and their fallout(products and matches) are oddly zombie like themselves, they are just spreading and infecting other bored individuals longing for a hobby. Calling them the "infected" may be quite appropriate. Apparently they are the death of traditional (serious) shooting programs at some of the local gunclubs around here.

..... is that a DPMS selector? This is like the "daywalker" of ARs, has some good parts and some shit parts.

hmmm KNS pins too

Stickman
11-28-11, 20:32
Am I the only one who read the title and thought "Special Tactics Squadron"?

kwelz
11-28-11, 20:39
..... is that a DPMS selector? This is like the "daywalker" of ARs, has some good parts and some shit parts.

hmmm KNS pins too

Looks more like a RRA.

And hey. What is wrong with KNS pins. :mad:

sgtrock82
11-28-11, 23:27
And hey. What is wrong with KNS pins. :mad:

On this abomination? There just their for the looks. I dont own these, or have ever but I thought they had specific purposes, none of which are found on this rifle. Also, if this...thing...does indeed have a geissele trigger, its meant to be used with it own pins

sgtrock82
11-28-11, 23:30

Actually I expected "Spikes Tactical S???????" :suicide2:

BH321
11-29-11, 00:40
I think I have found a use for the pronged compensator, but if I say it y'all will probably ban me... Ah screw it, think Vlad the impaler on the idiots who created this monstrosity. Honestly though, I can actually see this being a decent prop for a zombie movie... for the first guy to get eaten.

glocktogo
11-29-11, 01:00
On this abomination? There just their for the looks. I dont own these, or have ever but I thought they had specific purposes, none of which are found on this rifle. Also, if this...thing...does indeed have a geissele trigger, its meant to be used with it own pins

The only acceptable use for KNS pins is on a registered full auto receiver. I have Gen 2 Mod 2 KNS pins on my RR Colt M16A1, with a Geissele SSF trigger. Runs perfect. Counting the rounds from the dedicated .22lr upper, it's well into several thousand rounds of trouble free use.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s157/Glocktogo/DSC_1043.jpg

BAC
11-29-11, 01:46
This whole zombie thing is so ****ing stupid. They are firearms not Halloween props.

This may surprise you, but some firearms are Halloween props...

-B

eagle5
11-29-11, 08:28

Don't worry Stick, I thought the same thing. Opened the thread and saw this abomination.

SomeOtherGuy
11-29-11, 08:45
It doesn't appear to have the shoulder thing that goes up. Not much of a zombie deterrent without one.

eternal24k
11-29-11, 10:48
couldn't agree more.

GTifosi
11-29-11, 11:09
The only acceptable use for KNS pins is on a registered full auto receiver.

Or on a almost 20 year old pre-ban receiver that you want to use for another 20 or so years.

As to the zombie gun, again, not a lot of thought put into it.
Yeah, it 'might' have a teenie tiny bit of value against the conventional Night of the Living Dead type boogermonster but that was 50 years ago and technology has changed quite a bit in that time.
For instance the Nemesis Project is armed with automatic weapons too, but not so much of the taste for brains, just killing.
http://www.necromaticmedia.com/images/zr_rea2004_04.jpg

Iraqgunz
11-29-11, 15:29
Ok, we get it. The flash impaler is ghey and so is the lower. Now let's focus on some real stuff.