PDA

View Full Version : Need a recommendation on an AR smith.

Aero
11-30-07, 18:11
I need a recommendation on an AR smith to thread a ban barrel, and change the front sight base.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Aero.

f.2
11-30-07, 18:42
I would recommend Wes at Mid-South Tactical Network (http://www.mstn.biz/) (MSTN). Wes installed a LaRue 7.0 on my 10.5" Colt upper and did a fantastic job.

Treehopr
11-30-07, 18:54
I need a recommendation on an AR smith to thread a ban barrel, and change the front sight base.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Aero.

I've had Randall from AR15barrels rebuild an upper for me to include threading and permanently attaching a compensator and I was very happy with it.

You might want to try the folks at ADCO firearms as well.

Good luck.

Aero
11-30-07, 22:41
Thanks Treehopr.

I just sent Randall an email.

Hopefully it won't cost the price of a new barrel. If it does, I'll be selling that upper.

Thanks,
Aero.

uranus
12-01-07, 00:58
Steve @ ADCO has worked on a couple of my uppers. The work was terrific, the price was very reasonable, and the turnaround time was amazingly short.

Aero
12-01-07, 07:00
Well, My email bounced for Randall. It appears he is really backed up. The reply I got was automatically generated and said he didn't read them anymore:confused: .

It looks like the simple threading is still something he is doing, but everything else is at a stand still from what I've read.

I think I'll look at the other two mentioned, just to be safe.

Aero

Kurt Reifert
12-01-07, 07:31
Why wouldn't you pick up the phone and call people.
Relying on emails for business is never a good idea.

Treehopr
12-01-07, 08:27
Try PM'ing him.

You can also download the order form off his website.

MR.J
12-01-07, 09:27
I would go with ADCO.Dont even waste your time with AR-15 BARRELS(Randall).