PDA

View Full Version : Looking for departments that use barrier blind duty ammo

Altair
11-28-11, 11:48
I've recently proposed changing our duty ammunition from the 55gr TRU to the 50gr BH TSX. I've received lots of help from Dr Roberts and the FBI ballistics lab with regard to testing and data but my admin has requested a list of agencies using that type, or similar ammunition.

Can anyone here provide agency names and contact info that use specifically the 50gr Black Hills TSX load or the 55gr Speer Gold Dot? I could also use any information about agencies using heavier bonded ammo like the 62gr Federal or the 64gr Gold Dot. That will still support my position, we are just restricted to the lighter stuff because of the number of M16A1's in our inventory that have 1:12 barrels.

Please IM me the info or IM me and I will provide my department email address for you to send the information to. Any examples would be greatly appreciated.

ST911
11-28-11, 20:58
Both manufacturers can give you customer references as well as M4C.

dakotalawdog
11-28-11, 21:08
PM sent

Generalpie
11-28-11, 22:24
Any agency that ever has to do anything with traffic (read that general patrol work) should have a barrier blind load of some kind.

Other than the cost I don't see a lot of downsides to using it. FWIW, I use the Fed 62 gr bonded. We have had both 556 and 223 version over the years, I doubt our "gun" guy really knows the difference.

The federal 55 grain version has very similar performance and would be an excellent choice.