PDA

View Full Version : Holsters FAQ anyone?

1Gunner
08-20-06, 00:00
I only own a few holsters for many handguns, and those are the usual Fobus/Mikes/Galco you see at any gun shop that are not practical. Is there a place where you can see many manufacturers and styles? I see lots of abbreviations and names being thrown around in here and it's all Greek to me. Particularly need holsters for IDPA and CCW. Thanks.

TacDoc
08-20-06, 07:15
I only own a few holsters for many handguns, and those are the usual Fobus/Mikes/Galco you see at any gun shop that are not practical. Is there a place where you can see many manufacturers and styles? I see lots of abbreviations and names being thrown around in here and it's all Greek to me. Particularly need holsters for IDPA and CCW. Thanks.

http://www.lasports.biz/products.htm for leaher holsters

Craig and Audrey have the BEST customer service I've ever had. Way far beyond anyone in the firearms business. Great people to deal with!

http://www.blade-tech.com/home.php for kydex holsters

Boris
08-31-06, 16:38
There's a brand called Comp-Tac that offers GREAT IWB kydex holsters in case you've never heard of them. I received one at a state IDPA match and it quickly replaced my Galco Royal Guard as my primary carry rig. A place that sells them online and has great customer service (although limited OVERALL selection) is www.gunnersalley.com and they are out of Cary, NC. Prices are competitive and they get stuff to you fast. As for the holster, the fact that it's kydex makes it pretty fast and durable and you can adjust the height and cant of the holster as well. I hope this helps.

-Boris

Business_Casual
08-31-06, 17:23
I agree with Boris that the CompTac is a very good holster for IWB carry.

For a belt or IDPA holster the Blade Tech products are hard to beat IMO.

M_P

Boris
09-15-06, 16:46
1Gunner - Since my last post - after much deliberation and a couple testimonials - I have purchased another Galco product. This time for my Sig P220. It's a leather belt-slide holster called the Avenger. It is light weight but durable 'cause it's leather and it rides nicely with a straight drop (no forward cant). There is something to be said for a quality leather holster from a reputable manufacuter. To really address your question, a Gun Show will probably be the best place to finger and feel a wide variety of makes and models. Do your homework, figure out how you want to carry, and don't be cheap on a holster purchase. It will mean a big difference in your confidence and comfort out there. Hell, you can always buy a cheap holster strictly for IDPA (but don't tell anyone I told you that.)

Mojo58
09-15-06, 23:09
I use a Blade Tech IWB. I've used it for the last 3 years and it is a great piece. It conceals my USP40 fullsize very well and is comfortable for all day wear. It's IDPA accepted as well. Even wearing a t-shirt, it's virtually invisible. Check them out at www.blade-tech.com Their service is top notch. It rides on a Milt Sparks 1 1/2" leather belt. Don't skimp on your belt. It makes a huge difference in the set up.