PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Training Opportunities in the Pacific Northwest?

returntrue
11-28-11, 17:00
I'm looking to get into some classes (basic pistol, basic carbine) in the upcoming year. Does anyone have a sneak-peek of who may be coming to Oregon/Washington in 2012?

I see some interesting courses listed in Idaho, but I'd hate to commit early and miss offerings closer to home (PDX)

Thanks!

returntrue
11-30-11, 12:54
Vickers? Magpul? Haley? Costa? Who is coming to town in 2012?

Vickers will be down in Bend in the spring, but that one is already full.

Grey
11-30-11, 15:35
John Farman will be doing an urban carbine class in April as well as concurrent basic and advanced defensive pistol in September. Both take place in Yakima, WA. The dates are not posted on the DTI web-site yet. I’ll ping John and find out the exact dates.

vader
11-30-11, 19:46
keep checking lms defense's website. kevin williams is the local pnw instructor and has classes regularly.

Grey
12-01-11, 10:59
John Farman will be doing an urban carbine class in April as well as concurrent basic and advanced defensive pistol in September. Both take place in Yakima, WA. The dates are not posted on the DTI web-site yet. I’ll ping John and find out the exact dates.

Here are the dates.
Urban Carbine: April 14-15
Basic and Advances Defensive Pistol: September 22-23

zacbol
12-02-11, 14:53
For local training, check out either LMS Defense as Vader mentioned (Just sort by location)
http://www.lmsdefense.com/schedule/

And Insights Training:
http://insightstraining.com/calendar.asp

FWIW, I don't think either has yet published their full 2012 schedules but I'm sure they'll be up soon. Both are solid choices.

Magpul typically has courses in Portland arranged/sponsored by Titleist here. Not sure if he is continuing that tradition this year. Also Spartan Tactical (i.e. Jim Smith) usually does a three day pistol course and a three day carbine course June/July at Ravensdae. Not sure if he'll do so again this year but once his schedule is solidified you'd find it here:
http://www.spartantactical.com/

Titleist
12-02-11, 15:39
We will have Costa's classes 4 times in 2012. We'll also support Magpul Dynamics whenever they want to come out this direction.

We're also working to offer Grey Group Training's courses out here as well. More details as they firm up.

returntrue
12-03-11, 16:06
Thanks to all for the info!

I'm not familiar with John Farnam/LMS Defense, so I'll have to do some research there.

Titleist: PM outbound. Very excited at the notion of Grey Group's offerings coming to the Northwest!

EmanP
01-04-12, 13:01
Kevin Williams with LMS is an excellent instructor and very worth while. I can't recommend him enough. Other than that we also have Insights and FAS which are both good schools as well. Most private instructors don't get up this way unfortunatly but occasionally we'll have someone or group come up this way.

Doc Maker
02-19-12, 23:01
For something new, try www.cascadiatactical.com