PDA

View Full Version : New IGMAN M855/SS109

WS6
11-30-07, 20:00
I can get the stuff for $168 shipped for 400rounds. (I know, weaksauce, but I am broke).

Is this good ammunition or have people had issues with it?

Shihan
12-02-07, 13:18
Should work fine.

markm
12-03-07, 12:28
I wouldn't touch it unless it was free or very cheap.

I can't remember where I was reading it... but there were reports of it being problematic in some guns... Short strokes or something.

I don't know why there's SO much bunk ammo out there. What is so hard about getting the right propellant? :rolleyes:

Submariner
12-03-07, 17:34
I don't know why there's SO much bunk ammo out there. What is so hard about getting the right propellant? :rolleyes:

Why should they care? Are dirt shooters going to send it back to Bosnia/Serbia/Croatia/Montenegro/Russia?

PALADIN-hgwt
12-03-07, 20:06
xxxxx

WS6
12-03-07, 20:11
I am just going to spend the $9 or so a box and get 200 rounds of Win M855 w/ the '07 headstamp. I have some and I like it. No issues w/it at all although I have not shot much to be honest.

I just don't have the $$ for a case of anything but Wolf at these prices.

ullie
12-04-07, 09:20
...i've shot a couple of cases of Igman SS109 (black tip) through an AR and Sig...no issues of any kind...i would use it again...

markm
12-04-07, 10:39
...i've shot a couple of cases of Igman SS109 (black tip) through an AR and Sig...no issues of any kind...i would use it again...

Sig should run it fine. Pistons are generally more forgiving of crap ammo. I had a Daewoo piston rifle that would run that original Priv m193 like a champ.
(not that I endorse pistons at all... there's just no excuse for crappy ammo)

I think it might have been another case of the ammo not cycling rifle gas systems.. I can't remember.

rmecapn
12-04-07, 10:49
So what's so horribly wrong with the Remington UMC (green box) that Wal-Mart is carrying? Ya'll keep talking about $.40/round (or more) as if it is a given, yet this stuff is selling for just a tad over $.32/round without paying a shipping cost on top of it.

Grant's got 5.56 for .32-.34 per round, also.
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=6303

Why pay .40 or more per round?

markm
12-04-07, 11:01
So what's so horribly wrong with the Remington UMC (green box) that Wal-Mart is carrying?

I'd shoot that stuff ALL DAY LONG over most of this foreign CRAP that keeps trickling into our country!

Submariner
12-04-07, 15:59
So what's so horribly wrong with the Remington UMC (green box) that Wal-Mart is carrying?

Nothing! The primers aren't crimped nor are the primers and bullets sealed. So what? For practice, it's great! For SHTF, use 75 gr. Black Hills or Hornady.