PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Level IV Plates...

Burnenout
11-28-11, 19:36
Alrighty so... Im looking for some Level IV plates, multi hit and stand alone, if they can be light weight, even better! Andddd the real nice part, they have to fit my Crye JPC in Large. If anyone can help me out with this, i will highly appreciate it! :)

d90king
11-28-11, 19:49
Call Grey Group, they can help you out.

Pax
11-28-11, 21:37
Another for Grey Group. Theyll probably recommend you Velocity Systems plates. Nothing wrong with those, but if SKD still has them in stock, BAE's Boron Cardibes are lighter, cheaper and IMO better cut for protection... But it is more of a pain in the ass to purchase armor through SKD.

Be sure to read up on armor threads here and elsewhere to ensure that you know how to adjust your carrier and care for your plates. If you can fit it, (Im not familiar with the JPC), get a larger plate for the rear platebag, etc...

CoryCop25
11-28-11, 21:39
SKD has Velocity plates. I can't afford them but if I could, that's what I would have.

nobody knows
11-28-11, 21:42
What are you looking to spend? Grey group has a nice set with the requirement's you have stated. http://store.greygrouptraining.com/LIGHTWEIGHT-MULTI-HIT-PLATE.html But they are a bit pricey,IMHO although you do get what u pay for. If your only looking to spend about a $1,000 try bulletproofme.com. http://www.bulletproofme.com/RP-Level-4-Stand-Alone.html they have good prices and the owner is a great guy to deal with if you have any questions.

BCmJUnKie
11-28-11, 22:01
Not tryin to hi-jack this thread.

But someone was recommending $60 dollar plates from cheaper than dirt.

I made a comment on "Would you really trust your life on a $60 plate?"

I recieved some negative comments

VooDoo6Actual
11-28-11, 23:35
VERY satisfied w/ BAE systems Multi Hit Plates.

PITA to get them w/ all the certs/creds is true etc.

uwe1
11-29-11, 00:33
VERY satisfied w/ BAE systems Multi Hit Plates.

PITA to get them w/ all the certs/creds is true etc.

Nah, my wife went to the bank for me and got the docs notarized. :D