PDA

View Full Version : Need to Find Out Make of Flat-Top Upper

Robert Wrath
11-30-07, 22:52
I know this sounds REALLY stupid but I bought a Flat-Top Upper in the fall 05-spring 06, at one of the BIGGIST dealers at the gun show put it in with all my other stuff AND FORGOT WHO THE MAKER WAS! Anyway it has the T-2 thru T-14 ENGRAVED and with a metalic white paint between the 1913 rails, also below the rail and behind the shell deflector is the keyhole emblem identifying the Forging House. I bought this to put togther for one of my teenage sons, so it is one of the Better Uppers. I remember it was about $150.00-$160.00 instead of the usual $100.00-$110.00 recievers sell for! If somebody can help identify the possible maker by the info I've provided Id really appreceate it. Thers a couple of questions Id like to answer for people but until my girlfreind gets some of her College work done/or I get my computer fixed my online time is Limited!! THANX!!

R.Miksits
11-30-07, 23:37
If I'm not mistaking its a Cerro Forge upper receiver.

The keyhole is also on Colt M4 upper receivers.

Kurt Reifert
12-01-07, 07:34
You'll probably never know. The forge marks are not an indication of who did the machine work and finish.
What you paid for it also not an indicator of who made it.

Robb Jensen
12-01-07, 08:19
If it's marked with a C it would be a Colt, if LMT on the left side = LMT.

Other than that it's only a guess. Sounds like a CMT but I'm not sure I'd have to see it.