PDA

View Full Version : Black Rifle Disease - BRD

11-30-07, 22:53
I was reading a post a minuet ago and someone mentioned BRD. Holy Cow......Could I have it?:confused:

I went to the safes and........... all the stuff with wood, bolts & levers are clear in the back.....I must have BRD as I can't remember the last time I pulled the trigger on a Political Correct rifle? Oh wait a minuit....I did last year 200 rounds out of a walnut M1A .......................Oh and.....

Oh my GOD...Im infected:eek:

Tzoid
11-30-07, 23:30
Early this year I Sold my Remington 870 and 11-87 Special Purpose because I started playing golf 8 years ago and stopped hunting , at that time I owned 4 SigSauer Pistols.

February of this year I stumbled into the Combat Weapons and Shotgun area in SigForum and quickly caught the "Bug".

I now own 9 Pistols , 2 Robinson XCR's ,1 AR-15 , 1 FN SLP and a Benelli Super Nova Tactical. and a Mega stripped lower in the safe. :p

I think I have it too .....

Shihan
12-01-07, 00:45
The BRD has you in its grips when you already have several AR's and are working on your current one that is still in the working stages but thinking of what the next one after is going to be.

Peacekeeper1408
12-01-07, 01:29
The BRD has you in its grips when you already have several AR's and are working on your current one that is still in the working stages but thinking of what the next one after is going to be.

Funny you mention that. That thought crossed my mind this evening.

QuickStrike
12-01-07, 06:02
I think I have this condition. Traded a rare m14 for some cash + a 6920 and just sold an m14 receiver last week.

Might sell my last remaining m14 to buy a nice aimpoint for the colt + some parts for a FAL build...

I lust for little black rifles but still must have one battle rifle.

Edit: Probably going to sell my double action revolvers too..

panzerr
12-01-07, 07:40
You've got the sickness!

Shihan
12-02-07, 18:07
Funny you mention that. That thought crossed my mind this evening.

Than you are a sick man!:D

Tzoid
12-02-07, 18:17
Holy crap... he's got it.

sell your M14 ?? GOT PICS?

Rmplstlskn
12-02-07, 21:27
I lust for little black rifles but still must have one battle rifle.

As TheMadHatter told me when I was waffling about buying my SA58 FAL, "... every man needs a .308 battle rifle!" I now agree and the FAL will never part from me...

Rmpl

Tzoid
12-02-07, 21:56
What are the FAL 's I should be looking at if I want one ?

any suggestons ?

QuickStrike
12-03-07, 05:35
Holy crap... he's got it.

sell your M14 ?? GOT PICS?

not a REAL m14, but a semi auto version. :p

I'm now debating whether I should sell this for an aimpoint + cash for savings:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c247/ARTYMARTY/IMG_2347a.jpg

Southern Cross
12-04-07, 19:59
BRD is dangerous...not crack or meth dangerous...but easily nicotine or Starbucks coffee dangerous. Bought my first AR about a year and a half ago...an SR-25. She's got four little sisters now...all black rifles. Once your infected...you need to have an M4 clone, M16A2 clone, M16A4 clone, MK12 MOD0 clone, a recce...the list goes on and on. The full auto itch is always there too...and don't even get me started on the accessories. Its a tough urge to fight not to have at least one tricked out SOPMOD wannabe.

kittyhawk
12-04-07, 21:54
I know I have the Bug, I started with a RRA NM last year, Now I have 5 in the safe and 2 stripped lowers ans looking for a good M1A1 and a Grand, a Sig 556 and so on.... HA HA HA. Good thing the wife dosn't hace the keys and combo to my safe...........

Dave

Robert Wrath
12-05-07, 12:39
After 10 wonderful years in the U.S. ARMY, the only part of my BRD that has subsided is the need to own a FULLAUTO!:D Dont get me wrong EVERYBODY should own 1 or 2-3 for a year or 2 get it out of your system!;) Fullauto has its place in the tactical field, Thats why the M-16A2 went to 3rd burst instead of fullauto. I think Clint Eastwood would say today" A man has got to know his weapons limitations":cool: