PDA

View Full Version : MOH Marine Sues Contractor

Cagemonkey
11-29-11, 19:03
Marine Sgt Dakota Meyer objects to selling Pakistanis Military technology and gets black balled by his previous employer, BAE. http://www.military.com/news/article/moh-recipient-meyer-sues-contractor.html?ESRC=marine.nl. Good for him. Its pretty ironic giving recent events.

Belmont31R
11-29-11, 19:15
The US is the largest "arms" exporter in the world.

Cagemonkey
11-29-11, 19:36
Agreed. Isn't great when those Arms are used against us or the technology is then sold/given to our enemies. I wouldn't trust the Pakistanis for all the tea in China.

Belmont31R
11-29-11, 20:08
Agreed. Isn't great when those Arms are used against us or the technology is then sold/given to our enemies. I wouldn't trust the Pakistanis for all the tea in China.

The politicians and banksters are so single track minded, and they have enough power the US has been in the business of selling sensitive military equipment to everyone with a big enough bank account for decades.

If its as the article is written good for him. I have stood up for myself and morals before to be squished by the powers that be...but I would do it again. We don't need to be selling this type of shit to people who are not close allies. UK, AUS, CAN? Sure....Pakistan? We should be offering them 30-40 Krag rifles not latest gen sensitive equipment. :rolleyes:

glocktogo
11-29-11, 23:22
"The U.S. Department of State, not BAE Systems, makes the decision on what defense-related products can be exported. In recent years, the U.S. Government has approved the export of defense-related goods from numerous defense companies to Pakistan as part of the United States' bilateral relationship with that country," said Brian J. Roehrkasse, the vice president of public relations at BAE, in a statement.

Biggest copout statement, ever. Their spokesman's quote tells me all I need to know, they do not accept responsibility for their actions. Yeah, DoS controls export licenses, but YOU control sales. I'm currently researching the world of Level IV plates & plate carriers. I think I just crossed BAE systems off the list. Perhaps this info should be posted in all the plate threads? :mad:

TehLlama
11-30-11, 03:25
I don't even have that big of a problem with BAE selling DOS approved hardware to the Pakistanis (I do, but that's not what makes me angry).

Blackballing anybody for speaking out about that speakes volumes about their integrity, and being stupid enough to do that to somebody of Sgt Meyer's stature is absolutely asinine.

longball
11-30-11, 07:27
Biggest copout statement, ever. Their spokesman's quote tells me all I need to know, they do not accept responsibility for their actions. Yeah, DoS controls export licenses, but YOU [BAE] control sales. I'm currently researching the world of Level IV plates & plate carriers. I think I just crossed BAE systems off the list. Perhaps this info should be posted in all the plate threads? :mad:

The part in red is what immediately stuck out to me as well. Even if they're "allowed" to sell a product to Pakistan doesn't mean they should.