PDA

View Full Version : Rings for SPR build?

Josh-L
11-29-11, 20:49
Building a Mk12 Mod0 clone but don't want to use ARMS rings. What would be the right height to mount a USO scope with 37mm objective to the ARMS rail? Looking at the PRI aluminum rings but not sure what height to get. QD isn't a requirement.

Belmont31R
11-29-11, 20:52
Nightforce 1.375" rings will work, and is the "standard" as so Im led to.

Granted most QD mounts are 1.5" so the 1.375" rings will require a bit of a tight cheek weld.

This is the height over rail not bore BTW.

Josh-L
11-29-11, 21:07
Yeah I've heard that NF rings are being used but isn't that on the Mod1s that don't have the ARMS rail on the receiver? I don't mind a tight cheek weld as I get pretty tight as it is just don't want something unnecessarily high.

Warg
11-30-11, 23:05
Yeah I've heard that NF rings are being used but isn't that on the Mod1s that don't have the ARMS rail on the receiver? I don't mind a tight cheek weld as I get pretty tight as it is just don't want something unnecessarily high.

If you're using the ARMS swan sleeve/rail that will add 0.5". Thus 1.375" rings are going to be 1.875". The ARMS rings used on the Mod 0 are 1.15" I believe. NF makes medium and high rings with centerline heights of 1.0" and 1.125", respectively. Either should work well with the ARMS rail.