PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Carbine Course

ache_d
11-29-11, 21:00
Know of any good one upcoming or close to the area? Also any practical rifle comps around? New to the area and trying to get "plugged in" any info would be great! :D

Gutshot John
11-29-11, 21:25
Also since you're in WV, have you looked at PFT, run by Pat Goodale? He's in Lewisburg.

ache_d
11-30-11, 09:10
Good stuff! Yeah I'm in Northern WV so a lot closer to P-burgh than the Greenbrier area. I'll check those out!

Shawn.L
11-30-11, 11:28
Are you in WV or have you moved to the PGH area ?

I guess all the basics have been hit here , jay is out in beaver valley at bvrp and the GGT courses under " North Versailles " are in Monroville area at PMSC .

This is a great area for shooting in general .
See you on the range !

ache_d
11-30-11, 12:20
These are the resources and info I was hoping for, thanks fellas! @ Jay, I'm eye-balling that March 25th date. Is preferred comm through you website's email? And Shawn, I bounce around between the PGH, Wheeling, and Morgantown triangle. I'll shoot about anywhere, but trying to get my foot in the door up here. Can't wait to get some structured shooting in!

Gutshot John
11-30-11, 19:39
Good stuff! Yeah I'm in Northern WV so a lot closer to P-burgh than the Greenbrier area. I'll check those out!

Honestly 2-3 hours drive is nothing to attend a shooting class especially when you have excellent instruction for an excellent value. When I was first getting into things a 8-10 hour drive (or cross country flight) was fairly common.

For getting a good baseline in these things, few people will prepare you as well as Jay at LSHD. I've shot with him, I've trained with him and there are few people I would rather walk through a door with than Jay. Nuff said.

Littlelebowski
11-30-11, 19:52
Yes, Failure2Stop is teaching there. Go, learn. Trust me.

ache_d
11-30-11, 22:28
Gutshot-John, yeah man, 2-3 isn't bad at all and yikes on that 10 yr hike!! I just need to tune some things up. I'll be pulling triggers before too long and @ Jay I'll shoot yah an E-mail in the near future. Thanks fellas.