PDA

View Full Version : End of year update for TacTV

Larry Vickers
11-30-11, 18:07
Guys I figured I would post this and bring everyone up to speed - first off thanx to all for your feedback on the show; me and my crew really appriciate it - we have been super busy with filming and also myself with my training so we haven't stopped by as often as we would like but we do read and digest what you guys say so keep providing feedback

The website is still on track for people to be able to watch the show online along with extended episodes and bonus content; it is late ( we wanted to have it live in late summer/ early fall) but we found out it was a SERIOUS endeavor to bring it to life - what we have envisioned will be the first of it's kind and we want to make sure it is right; we would rather be late than launch it before it is ready; it will be killer and hopefully we are on the home stretch with it

We are finishing the year with a cool Glock torture test which bookends the season that started with the DDM4 torture test - it is coming up soon so watch for it

If you guys have ideas for season two let us know; we have some great ideas but part of this show was all about involving the audience- I look at as the first gun show for real gun guys and from a real gun guy; our show from our community- finally!!

Please vote for TacTV as best shooting show on Sportsman Channel and contact the show sponsors and thank them for their support; airtime on TV is NOT cheap and TacTV would not exist without the support of our sponsors so please support them

Be safe and enjoy the show!

weary
12-02-11, 20:22
Thanks for all your work on this show (and your crew of course)! I agree 100% that this is a show for gun guys. I enjoy the unusual guns, the trivia and most importantly the knowledge you share with the viewers. (Seeing blow up a car with southern thunder wasn't bad either) I look forward to each and every episode.

As for future episode ideas, I'd love an episode (or two) with you, Ken Hackathorn and Rob Leatham discussing anything and everything about pistol shooting. That would blow my mind!

Other suggestions:
An episode that discusses your thoughts on the future of small arms

An episode discussing ammunition selection for various situations would be cool too.

Boba Fett
12-08-11, 14:22
I'd like to see a torture test done on a cheap or parts built M4, just to see what the difference would be between the DD M4 and a cheap one.

I would also like to see an episode done on different kinds of ammo and their uses in certain situations. Also that could tie in with different calibers and what you like personally and what works in certain situation better than others.

An episode on what drills or TTP's you practice most frequently or what the viewers could get the most use out of would be interesting.

I'd like to see an episode on Full Auto vs. Semi-auto and their respective uses and places on the battlefield.

I'd like more content per subject, Make then one hour Episodes!

MCS
12-08-11, 15:24
Great ideas!

I'd like to see a torture test done on a cheap or parts built M4, just to see what the difference would be between the DD M4 and a cheap one.

I would also like to see an episode done on different kinds of ammo and their uses in certain situations. Also that could tie in with different calibers and what you like personally and what works in certain situation better than others.

An episode on what drills or TTP's you practice most frequently or what the viewers could get the most use out of would be interesting.

I'd like to see an episode on Full Auto vs. Semi-auto and their respective uses and places on the battlefield.

I'd like more content per subject, Make then one hour Episodes!

ptmccain
12-13-11, 18:42
Larry,

Thanks for Season 1.

I would really enjoy a whole show devoted to the Garand, and not like some have been done recently with a few minutes on the Garand and then a lot more on other rifles.

It would be cool to see a whole series of episodes devoted to America's battle rifles.

Paul McCain
Ballwin, Missouri

tonyd99
12-13-11, 21:29
Am episode on ammunition would be great. Love the show.

SGB
12-13-11, 22:26
Watched part 1 and was not not disapointed :D

Gatorbait
12-17-11, 02:04
A show on different kinds of ammo....... Composition and reasons or situations to use a particular one over another, would be great.
Maybe a little bit on some good gun advice on preparedness.....
Thanks,
Jim Henry

sjc3081
12-17-11, 06:42
I would like to see a real side by side torture test. Example a Tier 1 carbine vs a DMPS/Bushy or any other questionable brand. Start off with new well lubed guns and fire to they fail. Use M193 fire 60 rounds per minute until the guns crap out.

Littlelebowski
12-17-11, 07:27
I'd like to see a hunting with ARs episode.

WillBrink
12-17-11, 09:09
Guys I figured I would post this and bring everyone up to speed - first off thanx to all for your feedback on the show; me and my crew really appriciate it - we have been super busy with filming and also myself with my training so we haven't stopped by as often as we would like but we do read and digest what you guys say so keep providing feedback

The website is still on track for people to be able to watch the show online along with extended episodes and bonus content; it is late ( we wanted to have it live in late summer/ early fall) but we found out it was a SERIOUS endeavor to bring it to life - what we have envisioned will be the first of it's kind and we want to make sure it is right; we would rather be late than launch it before it is ready; it will be killer and hopefully we are on the home stretch with it

We are finishing the year with a cool Glock torture test which bookends the season that started with the DDM4 torture test - it is coming up soon so watch for it

If you guys have ideas for season two let us know; we have some great ideas but part of this show was all about involving the audience- I look at as the first gun show for real gun guys and from a real gun guy; our show from our community- finally!!

Please vote for TacTV as best shooting show on Sportsman Channel and contact the show sponsors and thank them for their support; airtime on TV is NOT cheap and TacTV would not exist without the support of our sponsors so please support them

Be safe and enjoy the show!

I have had trouble finding it on cable, but maybe that's my cable package or some thing. I have been watching what I can on YT, etc. and will make new effort to track it down on Sportsman Channel. You're a natural for TV, which helps a lot no doubt.

How about iron sites vs RDS and the strengths/weakness of each choice?

GlockWRX
03-13-12, 19:30
My local channel just carried the HK21 vs SR25 episode. Loved it! Of course now I want an HK21 in the worst way....

Here are some ideas I have for subject matter:

Shooting from inside or around vehicles, bailing from a vehicle. This could be geared towards a CCW holder or an LEO.

Mid-range optics, specifically 1-4x, 1-6x, 1-8x, etc. The Short Dot rewrote the book on versatile low power variables. How does it stack up against the new breed from US Optics, Leupold, Premier, Zeiss, etc.?

The current state of 7.62 NATO 'enhanced' battle / DMR rifles. A few years ago it was G3, FAL, and M14. Now there are KAC SR25 EMCs, SCAR-Hs, LMT MWS, OBRs, etc. How do they stack up against each other, and how can a shooter get the most out of them?

Carry and hideout guns. What guns do you and guys like Ken Hackathorn use when a full size gun is too big? How do you carry/use it differently than a full size gun?

Night vision tech. Clip on sights, monocles/goggles, dual tube NODs, laser sights, IR illuminators etc. How can a police officer or civilian use this kind of technology?

I will never get tired of seeing someone shoot a belt fed from a helicopter.

Kit setup. The episode (I think it was one of your other shows) where you took a base M4 and completely outfitted it with sight, light, laser, etc. was great. Something similar for a vest, belt, chest rig, etc. would be interesting.

I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us.

RogerinTPA
03-14-12, 02:17
Agreed. A 7.62 episode, involving most if not all the current combat rifles out there (FAL, LMT, Larue OBR, SCAR, etc..., and a few AK variants), with their various applications (combat, DMR, sniper, etc...), would be kick ass.

Doc Safari
03-14-12, 09:05
Would love to see a chest rig episode or tactical vest episode.

To me the best LAV episode of all time (among both shows) was the M4 episode where he showed how to install all the accessories, zero it, and camo paint it.

!Nvasi0n
05-28-12, 10:11
Would love to see a chest rig episode or tactical vest episode.

To me the best LAV episode of all time (among both shows) was the M4 episode where he showed how to install all the accessories, zero it, and camo paint it.

First off, thank you so much for all your hard work and dedication to the show Mr. Vickers. I've watched all the episodes, and some twice.

I think you will have a long future on the Sportsman Channel.

I agree a Kit setup follow up would be great too. Not all load outs work for all people. I spoke with a vet last week on the subject and it was a real eye opener.

I'm always setting my rig up for different "feel" and use. But it would be great for such an Outstanding Professional/SME to explain tactical advantages to certain set-ups.

Again, thank you for the show! It's the best on TV as far as I'm concerned.

84B20
12-27-13, 19:28
I'd like to second ptmccain's suggestion on an episode featuring the M1 Garand. I bought one a short time ago and even earned my Rifleman badge at a three day long range rifle course offered by the Appleseed Project held at the NRA Whittington Center in Raton, New Mexico (not to brag ;)).

steyrman13
12-27-13, 19:38
I'd like to second ptmccain's suggestion on an episode featuring the M1 Garand. I bought one a short time ago and even earned my Rifleman badge at a three day long range rifle course offered by the Appleseed Project held at the NRA Whittington Center in Raton, New Mexico (not to brag ;)).

I thought there was one already. Or do you mean more in depth? They tested the myth of the clips "ping" giving your position.

ptmccain
12-27-13, 19:50
Frankly, I thought the TACTV forum here was pretty much dead, unless I've been missing something.

84B20
12-27-13, 19:59
I thought there was one already. Or do you mean more in depth? They tested the myth of the clips "ping" giving your position.

I mean a more in depth treatment. I did a treatment on mine similar to LV's mod of the M4 featured on TacTV this week. I replaced the stock (I did keep the old furniture) with a carbon fiber one. I also added an Ultimak rear upper hand guard and installed a pistol scope with a long eye relief. Changed the gas plug so it can handle other types of ammo besides the military grade plus a couple other upgrades. It turned out to be a very accurate and reliable hunting rifle with a very reasonable price tag.

84B20
12-27-13, 20:05
Frankly, I thought the TACTV forum here was pretty much dead, unless I've been missing something.

I guess I brought it back to life. I couldn't help it when I saw your post about the M1.:D