PDA

View Full Version : Entry length AK stock?

stitchclimber
12-02-11, 01:11
So I'm in the process of getting an SBR draco, and I'm wanting to experiment with a bobbed entry length (shortened) WASR stock.

Anyone tried this? how'd it turn out?

TOrrock
12-02-11, 07:13
The RPK squad auto stock is about 1" shorter than a standard AKM stock and it really is way too short for me.

I'm 6'2" and while I run a standard length AK stock just fine, any shorter and it gets problematic.

You could always put a Vltor adapter on there and run a M4 type stock.

stitchclimber
12-02-11, 08:57
yeah, I'm 5'7" and like to run short stocks anyway...

Claudius43
12-02-11, 09:53
So I'm in the process of getting an SBR draco, and I'm wanting to experiment with a bobbed entry length (shortened) WASR stock.

Anyone tried this? how'd it turn out?

Why don't you try an ace reciever block and install an adjustable AT type stock. I have one with a VLTOR stock on an AK105 and it is rock solid and very comfortable to shoot - not to mention it can take a fair amount of abuse.

stitchclimber
12-03-11, 23:34
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p170/stitchclimber/205.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p170/stitchclimber/207copy.jpg

So here's the gun the stock is going on. I'm really excited about this project.

TOrrock
12-03-11, 23:38
There's a big thread on SBR'ing the Draco in the NFA section, with lots of pics with different stock options.

Do yourself a favor and ditch those mags, they won't stand up to rough handling, the plastic locking lugs and feed lips will crack/break.

stitchclimber
12-03-11, 23:51
There's a big thread on SBR'ing the Draco in the NFA section, with lots of pics with different stock options.

Do yourself a favor and ditch those mags, they won't stand up to rough handling, the plastic locking lugs and feed lips will crack/break.

already ditched them. Those are my dealers pics. I stole the mags and sold them, and yanked the wood to refinish... Still waiting on my forms to pick up the rifle.