PDA

View Full Version : Accurate Armory Midlength and Vltor A5: will it work?

LMTRocks
12-02-11, 13:55
I'm thinking my next weapon will be the Accurate Armory LE Light Midlength. It will have a pencil profile barrel and Troy Vtac 11 over the factory FSB going to be chopped and profiled. This will be added after the fact.

Where I'm considering a change is from a milspec RE to a Vltor A5 system.

Will 55gr Federal be sufficient to cycle it, or stay with the CAR spring a CAR or H buffer?

Iraqgunz
12-02-11, 15:46
Unless you have a real need just leave it alone. I have no idea who or what Accuracy Armory is. If you are set on it, then you may want to contact them and see about getting some info about gas port sizes.

The Vltor A5 is great, especially if you want to use that lower for various uppers.

I'm thinking my next weapon will be the Accurate Armory LE Light Midlength. It will have a pencil profile barrel and Troy Vtac 11 over the factory FSB going to be chopped and profiled. This will be added after the fact.

Where I'm considering a change is from a milspec RE to a Vltor A5 system.

Will 55gr Federal be sufficient to cycle it, or stay with the CAR spring a CAR or H buffer?

LMTRocks
12-02-11, 18:38
They're a newly added company to The Chart. They use Daniel Defense barrels and BCGs. Receivers are made in house and barrel and bolt carriers are purchased from DD. 16" barrel with a taper pinned FSB.

Iraqgunz
12-02-11, 18:44
I have put together two different midlengths using the A5 and both of them worked fine.

I think that you will get the most benefit from using it on an SBR or Carbine. I would guess that it should work fine. YMMV

They're a newly added company to The Chart. They use Daniel Defense barrels and BCGs. Receivers are made in house and barrel and bolt carriers are purchased from DD. 16" barrel with a taper pinned FSB.

krichbaum
12-02-11, 21:22
I have an upper with a DD 16" midlength barrel that I've used a little with the A5 setup (standard weight buffer). I didn't have any problems for what it's worth. That was with reloads that were on the weak side, so I doubt you'd have any trouble.

m4brian
12-03-11, 07:12
This has been covered fairly extensively:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=89083
and other threads...