PDA

View Full Version : Walther First Edition PPQ!

C4IGrant
12-03-11, 14:40
These are finally out!

What comes in the hard case (which is very nice):

1. PPQ (marked First Edition).
2. Threaded barrel (1/2X28).
3. One 15rd mag.
4. One 15rd mag with a two round extender.
5. Nights Sights (installed).
6. Plain Sights (bagged).
7. Slot cut in the case for a suppressor.
8. Mag Loader.
9. Backstraps.
10. Manual and test fired target.

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/SW/QAP00Q91_Case.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/SW/WAP00Q91.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/SW/QAP00Q91_FirstEdition.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/SW/WAP00Q91_Sights.jpg

AAC Evolution Shown in case
http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/SW/WAP00Q91_Can_Case.jpg

AAC Evolution Mounted
http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/SW/WAP00Q91_CAN.jpg

Bowser
12-03-11, 19:54
Saw these on RSR yesterday. Looks interesting. Surprisingly the only ones in stock.

loupav
12-03-11, 20:10
That looks pretty sweet! Were you able to shoot it? How does it feel compared to a P99? I assume it's a 9mm?

C4IGrant
12-03-11, 20:45
That looks pretty sweet! Were you able to shoot it? How does it feel compared to a P99? I assume it's a 9mm?

I have been shooting the PPQ for awhile. I think it it is one of the best polymer guns available.

C4

Eliakim
12-03-11, 21:06
http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/SW/WAP00Q91.jpg

Is the magazine seated all the way? The ambidextrous magazine release appears to be a bit low in the photo. :confused:

Outrider
12-03-11, 21:46
Sweet. I've been waiting for these.

davebee456
12-03-11, 21:47
just curious if I do buy one of these how will I get a holster, no one makes any...right?

TOrrock
12-03-11, 21:51
Pretty cool.

skyugo
12-03-11, 22:22
this is an interesting thing...

SeriousStudent
12-03-11, 23:14
Hmmmm. Crimson Trace does not make a laser for that replaceable backstrap yet.

Does anybody have a verdict on the X400? Grant, with the classes you have attended and led, do you like a separate laser and light for home defense? Or is a unit like the X400 better? I noticed Jay had one and sold it.

I've got the carbine all set for the house. But a lot of the comments on that Vickers CQB class you guys just did made me think alot about the secondary. Specifically, perhaps adding a suppressor to the light/laser equipped pistol.

This pistol looks like it would be a good candiate for that. Light rail, 17 rounds of 9mm, decent trigger for once. I loved the idea of a Crimson Trace and X300 on a M&P, but if this is a better pistol......

I hope I have not sidetracked your thread too much, but I have been thinking about this pistol a lot, since you LLB and others started investigating it.

Any insight will be welcome. Thank you.

DocH
12-04-11, 00:11
My misfortune continues.:( Just bought a PPQ last week,and love it.
Just two questions.Will you be stocking the night sights?
And,will threaded barrels be available for purchase now or in the future?

rotorblade
12-04-11, 00:44
C4IGrant Expect a call Monday.

The Amex might get reamed out because of this pistol.

Are the night sight inserts trip icons or meps? Look like trijicons to me with the white out lines, but can't tell for sure.

Chris

newyork
12-04-11, 08:24
just curious if I do buy one of these how will I get a holster, no one makes any...right?

He offers a Raven Concealment holster as a drop down option on his site. So yes, holsters are available and Grant has them in stock I believe.

Palmguy
12-04-11, 08:36
He offers a Raven Concealment holster as a drop down option on his site. So yes, holsters are available and Grant has them in stock I believe.

The threaded barrel on this model will probably present an issue with the standard PPQ Phantoms.

rotorblade
12-04-11, 09:23
The threaded barrel on this model will probably present an issue with the standard PPQ Phantoms.

You can get the Phantoms from Raven with it extended for threaded barrels.

But I hear they are backed up right now by months.

For a Raven it would be worth the wait.

Palmguy
12-04-11, 09:51
You can get the Phantoms from Raven with it extended for threaded barrels.

But I hear they are backed up right now by months.

For a Raven it would be worth the wait.

Understood. I'm talking about the Phantoms that Grant has in stock for the PPQ. They likely aren't compatible with the threaded barrel.

scottryan
12-04-11, 11:34
Another swing and a miss on another pistol with a threaded barrel.

Palmguy
12-04-11, 11:44
Care to elaborate?

scottryan
12-04-11, 11:56
Care to elaborate?

No 13.5x1 LH threaded barrel.

Walther (along with HK) set the standard in 9mm pistols for 13.5x1LH threads and now they are taking a step backwards.

I wonder how much S&W had an influence on the 1/2x28 threads since S&W can't get it right on the M&P either.

C4IGrant
12-04-11, 12:49

We have Raven holsters for the PPQ in stock!

C4

C4IGrant
12-04-11, 12:55

I believe that I have NS in stock now. A threaded barrel is not available yet.

C4

C4IGrant
12-04-11, 12:56

C4IGrant Expect a call Monday.

The Amex might get reamed out because of this pistol.

Are the night sight inserts trip icons or meps? Look like trijicons to me with the white out lines, but can't tell for sure.

Chris

I think they are Trijicon inserts.

We do not accept AMEX (sorry).

C4

balance
12-04-11, 13:11
Those are factory Walther night sights, and the body of them are the factory sights used on the Walther PPS. I'm not sure who makes the inserts.

There is some info on the sights on this thread: http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/ppq/18790-pps-sights-ppq.html

willowofwisp
12-04-11, 14:20
I believe Tom said some holsters can have the threaded barrel modification done after the fact. Not 100% sure though.

orionz06
12-04-11, 14:38
What significance does the "first edition" carry? Or is it just what they called the package?

No 13.5x1 LH threaded barrel.

Walther (along with HK) set the standard in 9mm pistols for 13.5x1LH threads and now they are taking a step backwards.

I wonder how much S&W had an influence on the 1/2x28 threads since S&W can't get it right on the M&P either.

Why does someone want those threads over 1/2x28?

scottryan
12-04-11, 15:08
Why does someone want those threads over 1/2x28?

Because they are less prone to coming loose due to have left hand for tightening (the bullet wake imparts a tightening force on the silencer) and they use an O ring in the insert of the silencer that rests on a bare spot on the front of the barrel to resist loosening.

orionz06
12-04-11, 15:09
Makes sense.

TomF
12-05-11, 09:31
If you have a holster that wasn't built for a threaded barrel, we can typically make that modification for you pretty easily. If you snatch up one of these newer PPQ's and need help with the holster, send me a PM and we'll get you taken care of.

Tom

TANTO
12-05-11, 12:03
So where did the barrel come from? Have you yet been able to put enough rounds thru this to know it works? TIA

C4IGrant
12-05-11, 12:08
I believe Tom said some holsters can have the threaded barrel modification done after the fact. Not 100% sure though.

This is correct. You can always modify a closed kydex holsters.

C4

C4IGrant
12-05-11, 12:08
So where did the barrel come from? Have you yet been able to put enough rounds thru this to know it works? TIA

The barrel is Walthers (factory).

Yes, it is reliable.

C4

pp03337
12-06-11, 07:52
Hi Grant,

Is the PPQ trigger better than the trigger of the Apex FSS kit?

I have installed the FSS kit in my M&P-9 and the trigger now is very very good.

People are also very positive about the PPQ trigger and I am a bit curious.

C4IGrant
12-06-11, 09:10
Hi Grant,

Is the PPQ trigger better than the trigger of the Apex FSS kit?

I have installed the FSS kit in my M&P-9 and the trigger now is very very good.

People are also very positive about the PPQ trigger and I am a bit curious.

No, it is not. It is however the BEST out of the box factory trigger out there (less a 1911 trigger) IMHO.

C4

Iyyobr
12-27-11, 02:30
any chance thats you'll be getting anymore First Editions in stock ? i'd rather buy from you than thru my store. i just need to sell my FiveseveN to fund the swap :)

C4IGrant
12-27-11, 08:13
any chance thats you'll be getting anymore First Editions in stock ? i'd rather buy from you than thru my store. i just need to sell my FiveseveN to fund the swap :)

I think so.

C4

buzz_knox
02-03-12, 18:44
Any estimate on when the FE PPQ will be back in stock?

Biggy
02-03-12, 19:41
Seems like PPQ sales are starting to take off. And now we also have the FN FNS pistol. With the other two major striker fired 9mm pistols having a few issues, it looks like people are looking for other options.

C4IGrant
02-04-12, 09:59
Any estimate on when the FE PPQ will be back in stock?

We have more on the way to us.

C4

ralph
02-04-12, 10:27
Seems the PPQ sales are starting to take off. And now we also have the FN FNS pistol. With the other two major players having some issues, it looks like people are looking for other options.

And I think that's being fueled by people sitting down, and figuring out(in the M&P's case) that they can dump almost twice what it cost to get it straightned out, or sell it, and go buy something else (like a PPQ) that dosen't need anything except NS, (and even that's optional)..

blasternank
02-04-12, 19:41
Interesting looking pistol Not for me but that's what's great about guns. To each their own!