PDA

View Full Version : Dr Optic ect offset questions

LukeMacGillie
08-20-06, 10:23
Given that the mounting locations of the Dr Optic and other mini red dots are either on the top or side of the scope. What is the max range you can engage targets with the mini red dot?

Any issues regarding zeroing?

TIA,

Luke

Nitrox
08-20-06, 11:12
Luke,

Max range for engaging targets is Dependant on the velocity of what ever you are shooting, your eye sight, and you ability to hold over(or use of converging zero's). Obviously the Doctor/JP/PF was designed to be used at closer ranges so it depends on your zero. That said, the closer in the zero the more elevation will be needed because of the height over the bore.

I found that when mounting a Doctor or PF on a LaRue SPR mount or ACOG you will need to adjust in a lot of elevation to get a 25 yard zero...but it will zero fine.

LukeMacGillie
08-20-06, 18:50
Thanks,

Any concerns on where you mount the red dot? On top vs the side? Or in other words are you maxing out the windage or elevation just to get a good zero?

Im looking at putting one of these on an ACOG NSN and on a Mk4.

KevinB
08-20-06, 18:54
I've used them top mounted on both those optics.

I've shot the Dr Optic on a TA01NSN from 0-100m using a 25m zero just to see how it affected it (not as much as I expected with the offset) - however on the MkIV then M3LR on a ARMS #35 with TRR - I only zero'd it.

Admittedly sometime in late 2002 I gave up on the TA01NSN w/ Dr.

Nitrox
08-20-06, 18:59
Thanks,

Any concerns on where you mount the red dot? On top vs the side? Or in other words are you maxing out the windage or elevation just to get a good zero?

Im looking at putting one of these on an ACOG NSN and on a Mk4.

It doesn't matter, there is enough elevation and windage.

LukeMacGillie
08-20-06, 19:06
Good deal, thanks,