PDA

View Full Version : 5.56 SBR Top Tier Upper to run with AAC 762 SDN-6-Need advice

Nevermiss
12-04-11, 07:58
I haven't been shooting much lately, but after almost a year I will have my AAC 762 SDN-6 (purchased to run on a 10" 300 BLK and 12.5" 6.8)

I would like to get a 5.56 SBR upper to run exclusively suppressed (this will be for fun) and I'm set on a 14.5" barrel and I want the build to be relatively light.

The SDN is about 6" and this will work fine for me. I looked at the Noveske Afgan with Switchblock, but the barrel weighs 34 oz and I think I would need to build it with a different rail style than I want (like the rail style on my KAC/MD rifle and PredatAR)

It seems like LaRue may be making a 14.5" PredatAR with the OBR barrel in the future and this would be great as long as I can get them to pin an AAC brake to mount the SDN.

Anyone have any other ideas? I may call Wilson or just wait to see if LaRue makes this new variation and hope I can get the mount pinned on that I need without spending the $ on SF mini.

rcpd34
12-04-11, 09:00
Will you be using this semi-auto exclusively? I have a factory Colt M4 14.5" upper in the safe since I went with the 11" upper

Nevermiss
12-04-11, 12:51
Will you be using this semi-auto exclusively? I have a factory Colt M4 14.5" upper in the safe since I went with the 11" upper

Yes, semi auto exclusively and probably suppressed 95+% of the time.

dpaqu
12-04-11, 16:27
Not to derail things too much but why 14.5" barrel? that's going to be a long setup. Think you might get a .22 specific can?

viperashes
12-05-11, 03:30
I haven't been shooting much lately, but after almost a year I will have my AAC 762 SDN-6 (purchased to run on a 10" 300 BLK and 12.5" 6.8)

I would like to get a 5.56 SBR upper to run exclusively suppressed (this will be for fun) and I'm set on a 14.5" barrel and I want the build to be relatively light.

The SDN is about 6" and this will work fine for me. I looked at the Noveske Afgan with Switchblock, but the barrel weighs 34 oz and I think I would need to build it with a different rail style than I want (like the rail style on my KAC/MD rifle and PredatAR)

It seems like LaRue may be making a 14.5" PredatAR with the OBR barrel in the future and this would be great as long as I can get them to pin an AAC brake to mount the SDN.

Anyone have any other ideas? I may call Wilson or just wait to see if LaRue makes this new variation and hope I can get the mount pinned on that I need without spending the $ on SF mini.

Last I heard, LaRue had stated that they don't forsee offering the PredatAR with the OBR barrel any time soon, if at all.

Nevermiss
12-05-11, 20:40
Last I heard, LaRue had stated that they don't forsee offering the PredatAR with the OBR barrel any time soon, if at all.

I guess I'll wait to see what LaRue has to say at SHOT Show and if it's a no go, I will pick a Noveske Afghan 14.5" and a Wilson TRIM rail and build my own.