PDA

View Full Version : Endura with steel liners

Spiffums
12-04-11, 18:36
I played with a knife at the gun show and I'm not sure what model of spyderco it was but it had stainless liners and what seemed like G10 handles. I'm going to hit up Smokey Mountain Knife Works on Tuesday and would like to have some clue of what I'm asking the guys there. Anyone know if they make such a thing or was it a different model?

militarymoron
12-04-11, 19:24
you couldn't find it on the spyderco website? from your description, i'd guess it's the military model.

Spiffums
12-05-11, 18:56
It didn't seem big enough to be the Mil model. I'll probably end up getting the mil model but I would like a Salt with liners but they are FNR only.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-06-11, 03:27
Thats sounds like either a Police 3 or a Millie, there are no factory Spydie Endura's like that.

Get the Millie, its fantastic.

newyork
12-06-11, 08:03
I can highly recommend the para-military 2.

p1445
01-04-12, 11:01
I played with a knife at the gun show and I'm not sure what model of spyderco it was but it had stainless liners and what seemed like G10 handles. I'm going to hit up Smokey Mountain Knife Works on Tuesday and would like to have some clue of what I'm asking the guys there. Anyone know if they make such a thing or was it a different model?

The G-10 Endura's have been discontinued for a while now. I believe the production ran from 2008 to 2010 and wasn't a great seller due to the high cost as compared to a standard Endura. I wish I bought some when Knife Center was blowing them out on clearance for some thing like $70.

maximus83
01-05-12, 10:25
I can highly recommend the para-military 2.

Yep. Just got one for Christmas, haven't used it for a long time obviously, but I've had a lot of folders over the years, currently have about 10 (various Benchmade, Spyderco, SOG, Kershaw), and this one is the best in the category of what I'd call "value-priced production folders", stuff that runs in the $75 to $150 category, pure production, but is of such high quality that they can give many semi-custom and higher end production knives a run for their money. The PM2 has an awesome blade, it's the perfect steel (s30v), thickness (0.140"), grind type (full flat--good slicer, easy to maintain with a Sharpmaker), and length (3.44") for EDC carry and use. Plus it has an awesome strong compression-style lock. And yet with all this, it's light. My Benchmade mini-rukus, which has the same length blade, weighs 5.9 oz versus 3.75 for the PM2.