PDA

View Full Version : New to the forums. How'd I do?

krisjon
12-05-11, 15:27
Just wanted to say hello and thank all the members of this forum for their insights and information. This place is an incredible resource.

Based on this, here's where I'm at with my first AR:

- Noveske 14.5" N4 Skinny Carbine w/ pinned Vortex FH
- Daniel Defense Omega 9.0 Rail
- Tango Down Stubby VFG
- Eotech XPS-2 (I know, I know...why not Aimpoint, but I like the more open sight view and reticle better.)
- Magpul MOE grip, stock and BUIS

Next up, an ambi selector (I'm LH), a trigger upgrade and sling.

Obviously more ammo, trigger time and I think I'm good to go.

Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic. Will get better ones later. Time to go zero this thing!

sammage
12-05-11, 16:50
Nicely done, even with the reason for choosing the EO. For an ambi selector, you're going to be hard pressed to find a better one than the Battle Arms unit. They even have a short throw 45 degree version.

xjustintimex
12-05-11, 16:53
heh If only I had seen this forum before my first ar :(:p

RIDE
12-05-11, 16:54
Very nice.... Get shootin'. ;)

krisjon
12-06-11, 10:10
Nicely done, even with the reason for choosing the EO. For an ambi selector, you're going to be hard pressed to find a better one than the Battle Arms unit. They even have a short throw 45 degree version.

Thanks! That BA selector is the one my local tactical shop's gunsmith highly recommended for my situation as well.

I'm a LH shooter by nature, but am fully ambidextrous in other ways (RH pistol, for instance). I plan on developing my RH rifle and LH pistol skills, so I'm comfortable on both sides of a gun. With all of those lever options to mix and match, I'm sure to find the perfect combo.

krisjon
12-06-11, 10:14
heh If only I had seen this forum before my first ar :(:p

Yeah, I've noticed quite a few guys raising eyebrows around here with their first purchases. :no:

I'm a "buy smart, buy once" type anyway, so this place gave me just what I needed when it came to making those decisions.

krisjon
12-06-11, 10:16
Very nice.... Get shootin'. ;)

Did yesterday. Like butter.

Can't wait to get a real trigger in this thing, though. I'm not new to shooting in general, just ARs, but I can tell this is going to be an expensive addition to my hobby!

TehLlama
12-07-11, 08:11
Take her shooting, and start figuring out what weaponlight setup works best for you.