PDA

View Full Version : Judgement in Luttrell dog murder....

Reagans Rascals
12-06-11, 01:58
http://lezgetreal.com/2011/12/guilty-verdict-and-plea-in-death-of-service-dog/

I myself have always been an animal person. At the moment, I have more than I want to say, 4 of which are dogs.

I was born and raised around dogs and I believe the old saying, a dog is a mans best friend, holds just as true today as the day it was first said. I had a Dachshund from the age of 1 until the age of 20, 19 years as my brother and it was devastating when he passed, the same as it would be losing a real brother.

I was just recently flipping through the channels and landed on TNT, which was playing Shooter at the time. It was just at the part where the FBI agent was telling Swagert to turn himself in and he said "I don't think you understand... these people killed my dog."

That statement got me thinking about the situation Marcus Luttrell found himself presented with when 4 shitbags murdered his beloved dog in cold blood for kicks.

I don't believe I would have had the character Mr. Luttrell exhibited when he caught up to the assailants, rifle in hand, to not have sent those men to their final judgement...

I'm just wondering who else out there considers their dog to be a brother or sister.... and how would you have reacted in that situation?

Moose-Knuckle
12-06-11, 03:51
I've known dogs that were better people than most humans I've encountered.

Sensei
12-06-11, 04:44
I like dogs better than most of my patients.

Honu
12-06-11, 05:01
I just hope they get extra attention in prison

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-06-11, 07:29
I just hope they get extra attention in prison

From the article:

Hernandez and Edmonds really did choose the wrong victim. They need to be made aware of the way some inmates will exact punishment from other prisoners when they feel the justice system didn’t do enough.

CarlosDJackal
12-06-11, 08:23
I grew up in a culture where dogs can be a source of protein. In third world countries, when the choice is either watching your family eat garbage (I have seen this with my own eyes), die of starvation or eat the family dog; the choice is obvious.

But despite this, I did have dogs as pets and I hope someday to have them as pets again (I just don't have the time to devote to them currently). But if I did and it was killed by a bunch of punks who thought it would be "fun" to go around killing people's pets just for kicks; I probably would have gone to jail for shooting them in the face myself.

Mark Luttrell shown an enormous amount of restraint and self-discipline of a true Warrior. His actions prove that he was not only a better person than those who killed his beloved dog, but he is a much better person than I could ever be. JM2CW.

montanadave
12-06-11, 08:41
When I read stories about shitbags that abuse animals I simply see red. While I type this, I have my two dogs sleeping at my feet and the cat trying to stand on the keyboard of my laptop. My wife and I do not have children and our pets (and the pets mentioned above are part of a continuum of companion animals which have passed through our home over the years) play a big role in our lives and are truly "members of the family." Given the role Mr. Luttrell's pet played in his life, I cannot imagine the depth of his bond with DASY.

One of my dogs was a rescue dog who was neglected and eventually left for dead after being hit by a vehicle. She's missing a leg but makes up for it with heart. And it pains me every time I think about someone abusing such a loving animal. I felt like I had an obligation to treat her with special care in hopes of making amends for whatever abuse and neglect some other POS might have subjected her to. We've had her eight years now and I still feel the same way.

I don't know if I would have been capable of exercising the restraint shown by Mr. Luttrell in his situation. His actions demonstrate a remarkable strength of character and offer a clear illustration of why Mr. Luttrell is a hero and I am not.

BrianS
12-06-11, 11:25
Considering it's Texas I'm a little suprised it's not legal to just shoot idiots like this.

Reagans Rascals
12-06-11, 12:10
We, society as a whole, need to rise up and smite individuals like this, each and every time they come around, and eventually when it is completely and utterly 100% unacceptable in society as well as both the media and entertainment, it will be all but vanquished.

Individuals like this, and their actions, are a cancerous tumor upon societies lip, and it just needs to be cut out.

People like DMX and Michael Vick should be made examples of, and never see the light of day again.

Michael Vick brutally killed dogs, he physically strangled and drowned them with his own bare hands. Yet when he was finally released and was picked up by the Eagles.... Obama called the Eagles to thank them for giving a man another chance to turn his life around....

Is it just me (and the vast number of Law and Order:SVU episodes) or is that type of behavior, savagely torturing and killing animals for fun, not the first steps in the sociopathic/serial killer progression pipeline? I mean... didn't every single notable serial killer start by torturing and killing small animals? Gacy, Dahmer, Bundy, Chikatillo.... all of them

Moose-Knuckle
12-06-11, 14:58
Considering it's Texas I'm a little suprised it's not legal to just shoot idiots like this.

You can use deadly force here to protect self, property, and or third party from harm and or theft. However, you will exhaust your finances in attorney fees and court costs. Great ****ig society huh.

Those two oxygen thieves should be staked down (alive) and left to be feasted upon by a pack of feral dogs, that IMHO would be justice.

tb-av
12-06-11, 17:24
I heard him tell that story live on the Glenn Beck show two years ago.

If you could find an archive of it you should listen to it. I can't recall if they played the 911 tape or not but somehow I know about it so they must have.

It still boggles my mind how that specific dog, belonging to that specific man, is dead, and those two shit bags are alive.

Todd.K
12-06-11, 17:27
Murder is killing a person, not a dog.

I understand people care for their pets very much, and killing some one's dog for fun is terrible but that does not make it a murder.

SteyrAUG
12-06-11, 17:33
I don't think it's a question of if I'm going to shoot them or not so much as it's a question of how long am I going to drag things out and how much pain I'm going to cause.

DeltaSierra
12-06-11, 17:39

I understand people care for their pets very much, and killing some one's dog for fun is terrible but that does not make it a murder.

Agreed.

If you kill an animal for the "fun" of doing it, you are scum worthy of being treated as such, but to call it murder....??

Norinco
12-06-11, 17:47
Damn that’s a depressing article. Tough thing to go through...

SeriousStudent
12-06-11, 20:03
I thought it was a terrible thing, that DASY was so senselessly killed.

I mailed a sympathy card to Petty Officer Luttrell. I was quite pleased to see that he had adopted Rigby, a new Lab puppy that was a gift from a family friend.

I have two dogs that mean a great deal to me as well. I would be highly irritated if anything so cruel happened to them.

sgtjosh
12-06-11, 22:54
The federal government deems my K-9 partner to be merely federal property. Unlike many states, Uncle Sam does not offer him any additional LE status.

By policy and law, I am not authorized to use deadly force to defend him, as he is "property."

I certainly do not view him as mere property.

Honu
12-06-11, 23:06

I would say that killing animals for fun and kicks surely might be a step to murder though ? and their have been some links to this that people who do this tend to want to go the next step for the next rush

these people are punks and are no good to humanity IMHO

killing for food I have no issues as long as its humane

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-06-11, 23:09
Im a dog owner, I love them, and I cherish them. With that said, my life is not worth giving up for my dog. If I murder someone who killed my dog, I will at the least spend all my money for the next 10 years defending myself in court, and at the most wind up with the death penalty. Let the law sort those types out.

As much as we may want to take revenge, this is not a lawless society that we live in.

Moose-Knuckle
12-07-11, 03:46
As much as we may want to take revenge, this is not a lawless society that we live in.

I categorically concur , it's much. . .much worse.

We live in a nomocracy with more laws on the books than any other civilization in recorded history. With the passing of each calendar year and legislative session we see more new laws. The laws serve to protect the wicked more often than the righteous.

Even in a truly lawless society one would be able to enact some form of personal justice.

I for one find no value in the lives of these "human beings". Their only place in society is the compost heap.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-07-11, 03:59

We live in a nomocracy with more laws on the books than any other civilization in recorded history. With the passing of each calendar year and legislative session we see more new laws. The laws serve to protect the wicked more often than the righteous.

Even in a truly lawless society one would be able to enact some form of personal justice.

I for one find no value in the lives of these "human beings". Their only place in society is the compost heap.

I agree on all accounts my friend.

montanadave
12-07-11, 08:01

The Roman senator and historian Tacitus, in his final work the Annals, stated, "And now bills were passed, not only for national objects but for individual cases, and laws were most numerous when the commonwealth was most corrupt."

Short version: The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the state.

Two thousand years later and we're still fighting the same battles. What's that tell ya?

variablebinary
12-07-11, 08:12
He should have shot them.

tb-av
12-07-11, 09:48
The story from the man himself.
If you were were pissed when read that article..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asr8HKCtSnM

munch520
12-07-11, 12:46
It was just at the part where the FBI agent was telling Swagert to turn himself in and he said "I don't think you understand... these people killed my dog."

Love or hate the movie...that's a great line. And plenty justified in my book.

sgtjosh
12-08-11, 01:29
The federal government deems my K-9 partner to be merely federal property. Unlike many states, Uncle Sam does not offer him any additional LE status.

By policy and law, I am not authorized to use deadly force to defend him, as he is "property."

I certainly do not view him as mere property.

It would appear that my thoughts on this were timely considering the following (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/07/us-border-agent-shoots-kills-alleged-illegal-border-crosser-in-struggle/print#ixzz1fvHNOlsm) that occurred. The involved agent was a canine handler defending his K-9 partner.

Chalk one up for the good guys. I hope the agent does not face internal discipline or prosecution. U.S. Attorneys in some districts such as the Western District of Texas and former AUSA Johnny "Douche-Bag" Sutton are overzealous in their desire to prosecute Border Patrol Agents. Luckily this happened in Arizona.

11B101ABN
12-08-11, 01:36
It would appear that my thoughts on this were timely considering the following (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/07/us-border-agent-shoots-kills-alleged-illegal-border-crosser-in-struggle/print#ixzz1fvHNOlsm) that occurred. The involved agent was a canine handler defending his K-9 partner.

Chalk one up for the good guys. I hope the agent does not face internal discipline or prosecution. U.S. Attorneys in some districts such as the Western District of Texas and former AUSA Johnny "Douche-Bag" Sutton are overzealous in their desire to prosecute Border Patrol Agents. Luckily this happened in Arizona.

Apparently the MP Corps is full of ghey. The was a GI outside my company CP at FT Campbell that went batchit. He made a hostile move on a K9 and got capped for his trouble.

Moose-Knuckle
12-08-11, 01:53
The story from the man himself.
If you were were pissed when read that article..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asr8HKCtSnM

Thanks for posting this. Obviously, there were more details that he did not go into of this depraved act.

Had he shot the oxygen theives. . .

As a Texas taxpayer if I was on his grand jury he would not be indicted and if I was on the jury for a homicide case I would have found him not guilty as he had a clear cut case of self defense once he walked up on these oxygen theives weilding a .357 magnum.

They even committed terroristic acts by making statements that they were going to kill him after they were in police custody.

Luttrell showed amazing restraint IMHO. . .

jjw
12-08-11, 20:51
I don't think it's a question of if I'm going to shoot them or not so much as it's a question of how long am I going to drag things out and how much pain I'm going to cause.

my thoughts EXACTLY. not would i shoot them, but when, i am sure it would be in the 3rd day or so. they would know why it was taking so long. i would mention every time they regained consciousness.

nice post i was going to do it but u did it better THANKS