PDA

View Full Version : Apex DCAEK Issue

PPGMD
12-06-11, 17:15
Ok so I installed DCAEK in my latest M&P, and it just doesn't feel right. The break is very weak, it doesn't feel like my other three M&Ps with the DCAEK. Also I can't pull the trigger to take down the gun, I have to open it up, and push the down the yellow lever.

Some specifics. M&P 9mm Compact with thumb safeties (removed but no plugs yet, waiting on S&W), no ILS, nor magazine safeties. It dry fired fine before installing the DCAEK.

Irish10
12-06-11, 18:01
Did you install all the springs and the correct ones? Have read about this issue quite bit.

PPGMD
12-06-11, 18:04
All three springs were installed, the only remaining spring was the small sear spring.

Randy Lee
12-06-11, 18:38
Hi,

Does the gun in question have the large or small sear spring and plunger?
Also, does it have the rev. B striker?

-Randy

Bowie Tactical
12-06-11, 18:42
Guys you're asking too much of drop in parts. You can't expect to have very lose fit guns work the same gun to gun with mass produced parts. I have even had guns that soon after these drop in installs completely quit firing due to different issues of parts not fitting and after a few rounds the issues of parts hitting each other wearing and messing up the whole works. These guns to get it right have to be fit gun to gun. Randy does a good job for what it is but when you have guns with the trigger system in the frame and the slide and both are wide ranging in tolerances you just can't expect consinstancy.

David Bowie

TriviaMonster
12-06-11, 18:46
Good point, drop in parts in mass produced mid range guns can't be 100% for every gun. Hope you get it figured out though.

-Chris-

PPGMD
12-06-11, 18:48
Hi,

Does the gun in question have the large or small sear spring and plunger?
Also, does it have the rev. B striker?

Large sear spring.

Couldn't find any definitive picture of rev b, but it looks like a gen 5.

Randy Lee
12-06-11, 19:02
As David mentions it may very well be an issue of tolerance variation.

However, the fact thst you say that you cannot pull the trigger to remove the slide sounds odd. Can you reinstall the thumb safety and see if things operate normally?

PPGMD
12-06-11, 19:58
However, the fact thst you say that you cannot pull the trigger to remove the slide sounds odd. Can you reinstall the thumb safety and see if things operate normally?

Yeah I found the fact I couldn't pull the trigger to take it down odd also.

I reinstalled the thumb safeties, and it works fine, but once removed, same issue.

I have a standard sear housing block (along with a RAM) that brownells sells coming either today or tomorrow. We'll see if that fixes that issue.

Randy Lee
12-06-11, 20:11
Ah. The frame fillers help to stabilize the sear block when the TS is not installed.

The sear block you have on order may not fit the TS frame as the dimensions and frame beds are different. Once you get the frame plugs, that should eliminate the sear housing movement that I believe you are experiencing...

PPGMD
12-06-11, 20:15
Ah. The frame fillers help to stabilize the sear block when the TS is not installed.

The sear block you have on order may not fit the TS frame as the dimensions and frame beds are different. Once you get the frame plugs, that should eliminate the sear housing movement that I believe you are experiencing...

Well that sucks, can't find any in stock. I'll also not very patient, can't wait for the new RAM.

DJK
12-07-11, 04:29
Well that sucks, can't find any in stock. I'll also not very patient, can't wait for the new RAM.

Looks like Kenny @ Speed Shooter Specialties has them: http://speedshooterspecialties.com/index.php. If you order from SSS, read their shipping policy. They will ship as cheap as possible.

PPGMD
12-07-11, 13:33

Yep doesn't fit, I suppose I could modify the frame to get it to fit, but that is beyond the scope I am willing to do to a gun myself.

Hopefully speed shooter specialties has the frame fillers plugs in stock. And you get the new RAM out next month. If you need someone to T&E one, I am sure that I could make some time for that. :D