PDA

View Full Version : Permanently attached suppressor.

dpaqu
12-07-11, 03:30
I live in Michigan and can’t SBR a lower but can now buy a suppressor. I have a friend who has a specialized induction heating unit to do the silver solder job but I’m wondering what suppressor and barrel length to get me to 16”. I think this would work better with a screw on can but nobody really talks about them for AR’s. I would also like to have FF tube setup but I’m not sure how I can do that and still have room to perm attaching the suppressor. It would be cool if the FF tube went over the suppressor for at least some of its length but I may be dreaming. I’ve also seen some people talk about integrally suppressed ar’s but I know nothing about them.

I’m not thrilled about risking a tax stamp+barrel+suppressor but even a AAC M4 on a 14.5” barrel with a perm attached BLACKOUT will have a total length of 19.25” That’s a pretty long setup.

Thoughts?

Iraqgunz
12-07-11, 03:48
I suggest that you use the ORANGE search button. The topic has been discussed and there is enough information there to explain why it isn't such a great idea.